Jp - Caesar's Palace

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
rogerthymes

Jp - Caesar's Palace

Post by rogerthymes »

Managed it today - one brick left with 6 keys, a hint and two lives in the bag - was worried that it would throw a huge coin turner at me but thankfully it played fair.
I presume I'm not the first to do this?
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

First I've heard about - Well done!! :o
wires74

Post by wires74 »

was it on an itbox ?
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

wires74 wrote:was it on an itbox ?
I'll give you three guesses!
grecian

Post by grecian »

I kind of stopped playing this after the initial flurry of ItBox 55 visits (mainly because I needed a partner in crime to play it and re-started playing solo at that point). My best was £10, achieved only once. Really good work on the JP.

I'm being vague, but didn't six keys get £10 not £20? Did you get a seventh key from the last box or did you gamble on the endgame? I guess we're talking GamesNet, right?
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

grecian wrote:I kind of stopped playing this after the initial flurry of ItBox 55 visits (mainly because I needed a partner in crime to play it and re-started playing solo at that point). My best was £10, achieved only once. Really good work on the JP.

I'm being vague, but didn't six keys get £10 not £20? Did you get a seventh key from the last box or did you gamble on the endgame? I guess we're talking GamesNet, right?
yup it was ganesnet. I got seven keys - what i was trying to say in my original post was that on 6 keys I knew I had a tenner in the bag but gambled on going for that last box and picked up the magic seventh key. Not trying to claim I'm ultra brave or anything but a 10 or 11 pattern on the coin grid would have finished me off - luckily it just asked me a question.
ob

Post by ob »

had the jp 3 times, although 2 of those times it cost alot (more than £20 lol.

Annoying thing as you say is if it does that really long coin shit, as hints are useless on this skill game only revealing next coin. Times I've had it has been when it did the multiplying sum to many thousands and I had a hint left for it to tell me the answer!
grecian

Post by grecian »

It's the coin game that puts me off. I find it difficult on much more than about five or six coins on my own which I thought was probably enough to make it not worth my while playing it on my own! The really long coin chains are difficult even with two players.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

I played one of these during the football last night on an itbox and it was flying. (Depending on your definition of flying).

5 games - £5, £5, £5, £5 all for pretty much no effort at all (hardest number question was 7 x8 and the coin chain never went above 4 - useless on the questions so had no lives left)

£0 on the last game when it went massively tight.

Does anyone think its getting harder since it first came out (to totally contradict my above text)? And why does one version (paragon maybe) have no "game over" square but the itbox does?

Ploughed all my cash into monopoly. Cashpot sitting at a tenner and target 5000-5500. Most I got was £2 and the last twice ive had cash pot it forced it on me when it was a tenner. No joy this time though.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

A wee hint if you're remembering the coins.

If you know you're in for a monster chain, don't try and remember the whole thing in one. 7 is generally considered to be the number that most people can remember - beyond that and you're likely to be screwed. Breaking it down into 2 halves of 4 makes it a lot easier.

Well that's what I think anyway!
inquizitor

Post by inquizitor »

Got to the top last week on this on a Gamesnet with 5 keys, decided to keep going looking for at least another key. It gave me one, but with the coin thingy which, if my other half counted correctly, gave us something like 23 turns!
Hardly skill (with or without prizes!)
Was I just unlucky, or does it do this a lot?
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Unfortunately if it doesn't want to pay it can and will happily do this. Also as ob says, it will throw in sums with 4 or 5 multiples for something like 25 x 120 x 56 x 800 x 7 = ...... which is clearly nigh on impossible to work out in the alloted time. It can also throw in fiendishly hard count the sword rounds where they all cover each other and your only hope is usually a reveal answer. The mathcing grape rounds can also get really trciky.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
grecian

Post by grecian »

Oddly enough ggdr and I managed a Caesar's Palace JP on a GamesNet on Friday lunchtime, buoyed by these reports it was possible. A very straightforward JP apart from some near-disastrous clumsy fingers by me on the final sum game, which I corrected just in time...

Has anyone done this on the ItBox? There were some early claims on here of this being possible which I took to be unfounded given my experience of the game being pretty reluctant to pay more than £5 on the ItBox 55 version.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

grecian wrote:Has anyone done this on the ItBox? There were some early claims on here of this being possible which I took to be unfounded given my experience of the game being pretty reluctant to pay more than £5 on the ItBox 55 version.
I won one 'free' JP on this on a Gamesnet which sparked my interest again but after trying it on quite a few ItBoxes I'd say this game is still uncomfortably close to the SWP/AWP borderline, even without the non-skill end game. When it doesn't want to pay more than the lowest prizes, it will simply give you unwinnable skill games and that seems to be the case on just about every ItBox out there.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Can't say I'm a fan of this. It's a muppets game to be honest.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday