hall of fame

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

sue denim wrote:i can't find that post despite looking through the archives.
so i'm going to tentatively suggest that this is the top score. i for one have never seen anything over 17xx
Just curious but has anyone actually ever played the 'Football Mad' category. What sort of answers are in that one then?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

after you score gets above 1300ish all the categories are replaced by generic categories. so they are just random answers without the clue (e.g. rangers old boys/post-match drink etc.)
nobody ever wins on those things.
theoak

Post by theoak »

Nil Satis wrote:From The X Factor:

Q. Who joined Roland Orzabal in Tears for Fears?

A. Curt Smith
B. Someone else
C. Neil Satis

I'm starting to feel like a guest at one of the Ambassador's Parties...

:wink:
I'm all too aware the creators of such games read forums, including this one, but are some/all of you personal friends for them to include you in the questions; or they just having a laugh?
grecian

Post by grecian »

We had one last night (I forget what game) where Nil Satis and Unknown Pseudonym were wrong answers.

On incorrect answers I had a Trivial Pursuit question tell me humans have 21 pairs of chromosomes yesterday. That might be true for the writers of such errant rubbish, but it's not true for most of us.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

[quote="theoak"]I'm all too aware the creators of such games read forums, including this one, but are some/all of you personal friends for them to include you in the questions]

I certainly don't know anyone who creates the games or writes the questions and in fact only know personally one of the other contributors on here. I guess the appearances of a few of the names from here as answers is just a little in-joke on their part, and I can't see any harm in it.
theoak

Post by theoak »

Nil Satis wrote: I guess the appearances of a few of the names from here as answers is just a little in-joke on their part, and I can't see any harm in it.
No, I agree entirely with both statements; I thought that was the case, but also thought it possible you might actually know the guys who made the software.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I had a good giggle today. There a new widescreen paragon in our local working mens club now, and i noticed 'Wordwise' on there, and had never seen nor played it. It was very amusing to see in the hall of fame list a load of fruitchatters:

Cardinal Richelieu
Unknown Pseudonym
Ernest W Quality
TKA
Vajinal Bob

and probably a few more i forget. Chortle. :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

[quote="theoak"]No, I agree entirely with both statements]

I do know a genuine SWP tester, but quite frankly, he knows **** all!

Money goes in, knowledge and effort takes it out.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Playing X factor today got a question, which escapes me- sorry xmas spirit and all that, but one of the answers, to my amazement was-

c. Unknown pseudonym of paragon games

Is there soemthing you're not telling us Sue?!! :D
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

:)

they love me.
nobody ever wins on those things.