Come on, which one of you is it?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
markmc

Post by markmc »

Nil Satis wrote:
markmc wrote:What's all that nonsense about players using their mobiles?
I think what that guy means is the mistaken belief that you would have time to phone someone up, give them the question and the possible answers and get their response in a 'Phone a Friend stylee'...
Yeah, that was what I meant, considering the quote mentioned communicating, as opposed to using the camera on a mobile ("If whilst they are playing the machine they are constantly on their mobile they are communicating and receiving information from others in their group."). Makes it sound like there is an underground network of quiz machine experts going around secretly acquiring JPs from SWPs. :P

I think it is a strong possibility that it's entirely fabricated by the SWP industry; even the mentioning of this website's URL is suspect, not to mention the outlandish notion of a car chase resulting from SWP playing :lol:
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

vaginalbob wrote:The small mirrors on them are two-way and little industry goblins sit behind them taking notes.
:D

Or maybe industry boffins are working on Brass Eye-style technology to squirt us with tranquilizing gas if we win too much!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A676424
quizard

Post by quizard »

Stories that appear in the press are frequently not all that they seem. Does anyone know of this guy? It would be interesting to know by who, how and why the story was initiated.

I dunno about the car chase. I have though heard of players being physically assulted by both pub landlords and punters.

In games that feature memorisation taking a picture of the screen is the obvious thing to do. And using a mobile phone camera to freeze the image while pretending to be talking on it is the obvious way to approach it.
zymotic

Post by zymotic »

Where are these two way mirrors? Isn't that a window? :D

Post by Guest »

zymotic wrote:Where are these two way mirrors? Isn't that a window? :D
hmm I see what you mean.

Unfortunately I wasn't the one to coin the term.
cool

Post by cool »

I am the person in the article.Sorry I posted a new topic . The publicity of course may be self defeating , in that I may get a lot more hassle however I have had enough of being subjected to threats and intimidation and accusations of cheating from a small proportion of the pub profession
that in my opinion are lowlife scum . It seems that they can do what they like and get away with it . I am standing up for myself and all the others in the quiz machine playing community . What is the difference between racial / sexual prejudice and intellectual prejudice? My girlfriend is dark skinned and gets less hassle than me ! The car chase is true.A landlord barred me from a pub for cheating (the gamesnet 5 doesnt work properly so to get the pound coins out I put coppers in ).He called me a thief I called him scum and the chase ensued. Its true.! I have met a lot of good landlords. The disreputable make up I guess less than 0.5% so I should be ok.Paddy spoooner had his own publicity agent and it didnt do him any harm! Pleased to have been of service to the FRUIT MACHINE CHAT.!
tka

Post by tka »

I won £80 today but I am not going to dance and say how great I am.
I still smell fish.
No wonder I drink!
cool

Post by cool »

I have never said how great I was . How do you change attitudes and discrimination ? Its not by remaining silent . Perhaps you could suggest a better way !
tka

Post by tka »

People should just take it on the chin players and landlords. If a player wins on a SWP, so long as he hasn't cheated he has outwitted the machine. End of. If landlords treat SWP as money boxes that is pretty selfish.
For 95% of people who play them it is a bit of fun and all this hassle for £20? God knows landlords make a fortune on the mark-up on coke which is what a lot of players drink. It sounds like the industry needs to clean itself up by law so everyone knows where they stand.
Whinging in a landlords magazine isn't going to get you anywhere.
No wonder I drink!
cool

Post by cool »

I agree but we have got to start somewhere. The journalist I spoke to hadnt even heard of anybody making money from swps!