Quiz machines in film and television

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
explayer

Post by explayer »

re : I.D , messiah is right - i have it on DVD and it is Trev who exposes his complete lack of football knowledge by not knowing that Shadwell's best ever player is black - John pretends he cannot read the ' Pot Black ' quizzer as a cover , however the question is about Coronation Street not football.
Stop saying ' like ' and pull your fuckin' trousers up
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

explayer wrote:re : I.D , messiah is right - i have it on DVD and it is Trev who exposes his complete lack of football knowledge by not knowing that Shadwell's best ever player is black - John pretends he cannot read the ' Pot Black ' quizzer as a cover , however the question is about Coronation Street not football.
I'm fairly sure the question was what number Coronation Street did the Ogden's live at (no 13). Haven't seen it that often since it was at the cinema, maybe once or twice, so I could be wrong (but not as wrong as some people on here!). I seem to have a good memory to pick up this sort of useless information. If only I could use this ability to my benefit......

Not sure where your reference to 'Pot Black' has come from - was this in the script? It was most definately a GUAB.
explayer

Post by explayer »

"Not sure where your reference to 'Pot Black' has come from - was this in the script? It was most definately a GUAB."

You are right of course - snooker on the brain.
cool

Post by cool »

cue old favourite.Casualty episode shown late 80's man thrown through pub window after emptying quiz machine.
explayer

Post by explayer »

' Ten Quid Grid ' on Minder this week (ITV4) , giving a wrong answer when being demonstrated.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

There was an episode of The Bill where Leslie Phillips played a slightly scatty professor type who got hassle after having done a machine (iirc a Wize Move).
cp999

Post by cp999 »

explayer wrote:' Ten Quid Grid ' on Minder this week (ITV4) , giving a wrong answer when being demonstrated.
A Turnover last night!
explayer

Post by explayer »

Haha , knew someone would post about that! One question for £20 too , and did he put 10p in? Mind you later on there was a pub quiz with a prize of £1,500 in readies , in a suitcase!
cp999

Post by cp999 »

explayer wrote:Haha , knew someone would post about that! One question for £20 too , and did he put 10p in? Mind you later on there was a pub quiz with a prize of £1,500 in readies , in a suitcase!
Not sure what coin he put in, but the green start button was flashing before he put it in!
exactly

Post by exactly »

Theres an inde or open in the background of the pub in the first episode of Public Enemies (on bbc iplayer). Anna Friel's in it if that's any help. Pub is rough as fuck and no one is playing the machine (shocker).
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

Bizarrely, Kick Ass 2 features a Paragon (switched off) about 46 minutes in. There is a handwritten note attached to it that I couldn't read, but don't think it was an 'Out of Order' notice.

I assume the bar it was in is meant to be located in New York.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

David Healy wrote:Bizarrely, Kick Ass 2 features a Paragon (switched off) about 46 minutes in. There is a handwritten note attached to it that I couldn't read, but don't think it was an 'Out of Order' notice.

I assume the bar it was in is meant to be located in New York.
Do they have them in New York? Might pop over
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

fuck new york. try saudi arabia. grand a credit fruits and quizzers!
Going skint....