Hang Man Saloon

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Cf

Hang Man Saloon

Post by Cf »

One of the few remaining games me and the gf enjoy playing. Even when not wanting to pay it still gives you some gameplay.

Anyway, l have a question and it is this: on the shootout game what determines whether a shot gets +2 or +1? It doesn't seem to be hitting the target, speed you hit the person at, combo of shots, or anything else I can work out. So what is it?
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

It's not a game I bother with myself but I have always assumed it to be just random - some are worth +2 and some are worth +1. That seems the most likely explanation anyway!
explayer

Post by explayer »

I quite like this one too, even if the chance of winning more than two quid is a bit remote for me! I like the shoot out too, no idea how the scoring works! One thing I like is that once a pound is achieved you carry on, can't stand the option of collecting or carrying on that some games have (By any means necessary is annoying like that).
Stop saying ' like ' and pull your fuckin' trousers up
JG

Post by JG »

You can get a clean headshot for +1 or blast their ear off for +2.

The answer is this, the deadly shoot out identical twins wild bill hiccup and calamity james are out to get you. James is worth 2, bill is worth 1. Do not shoot the girl that is minus points, anyone ever got to the end of the trail?

Agreed Charles, it's not a bad incarnation of the popular classic.
JG
JG

Post by JG »

You can get a clean headshot for +1 or blast their ear off for +2.

The answer is this, the deadly shoot out identical twins wild bill hiccup and calamity james are out to get you. James is worth 2, bill is worth 1. Do not shoot the girl that is minus points, anyone ever got to the end of the trail?

Agreed Charles, it's not a bad incarnation of the popular classic.
JG
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

If it's in the mood you should win a quid ie you'll be 50p up. It then goes unplayable for seven months.
explayer

Post by explayer »

Never got past the third of the four bonuses on 'Shoot Out'. Even 'Dead or Alive' often catches me out on one (and not just because people have died since the game was created!)
Stop saying ' like ' and pull your fuckin' trousers up
cool

Post by cool »

Hangman I surmise is not the pro players game of choice similar to 'rockin' Battleships a good game ruined by a poor prize structure. I met a couple who won £15 on Battleships in one game but would be surprised if anyone has taken more than a fiver out of Hangman.
Sloach

Post by Sloach »

Pro players?
cool

Post by cool »

Perhaps I'm the last man left standing!!
muddle

Post by muddle »

Funnily enough,I logged on here to start a thread about how many pro (or semi-pro) players there were nowadays,but I may as well just carry on here.I've commented before about seeing the same names on leaderboards and with the introduction of Formula Win which has the date of the score achieved,it's clear there are still a significant amount of people playing quizzies for profit.By significant,I mean enough for over-fishing to be a problem.I played a gamesnet the other day where in the two weeks before I could see it had had a couple of visits from pro players.I still extracted my pound of flesh so,assuming they both won too,then that's probably not much left for the pub and the games company.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

your "pound of flesh", lol how much was that?!!!
Going skint....
cool

Post by cool »

Perhaps the clue is in muddles statement . A pound?!
muddle

Post by muddle »

Ha ha,no I didn't mean literally a pound.I can't remember how much I took out of that one but I can safely put an upper limit of £20 on it,as taking more than that out of a quizzy nowadays is either impossible or counter-productive in my opinion.
Sloach

Post by Sloach »

muddle wrote:Ha ha,no I didn't mean literally a pound.I can't remember how much I took out of that one but I can safely put an upper limit of £20 on it,as taking more than that out of a quizzy nowadays is either impossible or counter-productive in my opinion.
are there still enough machines around for you guys? I was in Leeds recently and I saw no more than 7 in the city centre including a shitty Open and the only quiz machine in any of the wetherspoons was jammed behind a table which was in constant use all day.If that's what Leeds is like I imagine it's pretty dismal elsewhere