Post by paragoon »

Serves them right for polluting the pubs with dreadful games
dog section

Post by dog section »

cant argue with that statement.
k9-sec.co.uk
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

I don't like to see anyone to lose their job, and think it's got to be healthy for the industry to have more than just one or two big players...unfortunately, I don't think I've played a game on one of their cabinets for about two years, and more to the point, couldn't see why any average punter would want to either. So it's not a massive surprise, and if it means they get replaced by something more decent, hard to mourn their passing.
cool

Post by cool »

Their last creation Pub Pod was an attractive cabinet from afar until you looked at the quality and paucity of games. It's a shame really. Used to speak to them quite often although this company exhibited the paranoia in the gaming industry. They were hardly guarding state secrets.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

cool wrote:Their last creation Pub Pod was an attractive cabinet from afar until you looked at the quality and paucity of games. It's a shame really. Used to speak to them quite often although this company exhibited the paranoia in the gaming industry. They were hardly guarding state secrets.
lol. That reminds me of when I first started playing and rang up twice. The first time I was FURIOUS because the old TOTP2 game had a incorrect answer to something about David Bowie. Made enough of a fuss that she made the barmaid give me £4 or whatever! Seems ridiculous now. The other time I rang them up and asked them for a list of where their machines were. Strangely enough they didn't want to tell me.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Found an old DICE machine on my travels today,the line up of games was labelled 'Menu 2 - on license from Fat Spanner'.I can't recall exactly how long that was first out,but I'd forgotten what a great selection of games it had on it with around 45 in total.Had great fun playing stuff like Goldenballs,Open the Box2 and Football Manager.Other stuff on it included: both versions of Hex,Super Gold Run Blockbusters and Gridrunner,Round the clock and Round the board,1 vs 100.Now,maybe that line up is a little too pro-friendly,but I would say that it has very high playability for punters.Just so much better than what you get on Pub Pods or Opens now,as cool alluded to earlier in this thread - too few games and not very good ones to boot.How did they let that happen?
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

how much did you make?! lol
Going skint....
muddle

Post by muddle »

Well,when I got the bank somewhere up near 20 quid,I thought it prudent to stop there lol.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

sick raise.
Going skint....