Games warehouse quiz box only has 8 games???

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
rbby258

Games warehouse quiz box only has 8 games???

Post by rbby258 »

I just bought a quiz machine its a fat spanner box with games warehouse system in it v8.2 i believe. But it has only 8 games in the menu and in the settings has not more just them. Where are they all?
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Afraid I can't give you any helpful inside information, but I don't think you're going to find them. I'm seeing more and more of these Eight Game Wonders turning up in pubs, which is yet another reason to fear that the industry isn't about to turn around its apparently terminal decline.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Did you not check this or enquire when you purchased it?
rbby258

Post by rbby258 »

I wasnt aware there was such issue as it was running the paragon software and ive used them before and know they have a good amount of games. I was poking around in the update files i downloaded last night and did find this text.

#Menu will be restricted to the following
#games if software expires
36 TriTowers
25 House of Tiny Treasures SZ
3 Pints Make Prizes 2
22 Foxy Ladies
35 Battleships 2
18 QuizMaster
14 Beat The Landlord
7 Whack a Wabbit

These are the games i have as well?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 10.32.48.jpg
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Saw one of these last week. I won £6 on PMPs and the game promptly disappeared!
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

out of interest could post the update files?
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

paragoon wrote:Saw one of these last week. I won £6 on PMPs and the game promptly disappeared!
That was happening years back.
rbby258

Post by rbby258 »

I updated the machine to version 9 from 8.2 and now i have 3 pages of games. The update files you can download from here.

http://gwhl.co.uk/index.php?Support=SoftwareUpdates
cool

Post by cool »

4leafs were the first machine that removed games automatically after a player had exploited a paricular game. Unfortunately a fair proportion of fruity players and swp players have low IQ'S and limited ability so that they will empty a machine in one go when a flaw becomes apparent , as it will be their only chance of winning more than a couple of quid.
The technique employed by Games Warehouse I applaud , to combat the knobs.
muddle

Post by muddle »

I only have a vague recollection of 4leafs,what games were on them,cool? And which of them would self-remove? Removing games automatically is a good way to stop people exploiting a flaw as you say,but it can be a bit of a blunt tool.I won a fiver on Match of the Day a few weeks ago and the game vanished.I don't see the point in that case,the jackpot can drop to a quid so the game is already protected against pro play or exploitable flaws,and removing it stops future people playing it and losing,therefore stopping the game making the money back.It would be a lot better if the companies tested their games more rigorously.
cool

Post by cool »

Earlier comment deliberately provocative however Drummond though annoying for trying to publicise himself for publicities sake (whats he doing now?) he did have the common sense to aim for £20 a machine.Apparently he had been playing machines for donkeys years although I had never heard of him (in Brighton) and wasnt particularly good from all accounts yet he didnt kill the golden goose that contrasts with Brewis who spent a whole day building up the credits on a gamesnet into hundreds of pounds , then allegedly threatenned the landlord with legal action when the machine didnt pay out and the publican appeared reticent about paying him the shortfall. The game was being phased out at this stage but who would do that?
There are games that I know I could potentially empty with a bit of extra work in the past but thought that longetivity beat short term gain and no I am not kidding myself , its fact.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

cool wrote:Earlier comment deliberately provocative however Drummond though annoying for trying to publicise himself for publicities sake (whats he doing now?) he did have the common sense to aim for £20 a machine.Apparently he had been playing machines for donkeys years although I had never heard of him (in Brighton) and wasnt particularly good from all accounts yet he didnt kill the golden goose that contrasts with Brewis who spent a whole day building up the credits on a gamesnet into hundreds of pounds , then allegedly threatenned the landlord with legal action when the machine didnt pay out and the publican appeared reticent about paying him the shortfall. The game was being phased out at this stage but who would do that?
There are games that I know I could potentially empty with a bit of extra work in the past but thought that longetivity beat short term gain and no I am not kidding myself , its fact.
Blimey surely the logical thing if you do find a game you can win shedloads is to empty as it goes along.

Game I play I usually get up to 15 quid and then empty about a tenner from that and keep going just in case it can't pay out and an error code crops up, about 40 minutes it's usually time to leave anyway.

Building up over 100 on a machine and then expecting to collect that without a problem just seems a bit stupid to me even if he's done very well to build that up in the first place!
muddle

Post by muddle »

You're absolutely right cool about not killing the golden goose,in fact I've used the same expression myself in the past.Nowadays I'm not sure how much (or should I say how little) you could take from each machine without setting alarm bells ringing,maybe only 15 quid or so.I am intrigued though by which game Soccer HQ is playing where it takes him about 45 minutes to get the bank up to 15 quid. (I'm sure that information will quite rightly be classified though!)
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

muddle wrote:You're absolutely right cool about not killing the golden goose,in fact I've used the same expression myself in the past.Nowadays I'm not sure how much (or should I say how little) you could take from each machine without setting alarm bells ringing,maybe only 15 quid or so.I am intrigued though by which game Soccer HQ is playing where it takes him about 45 minutes to get the bank up to 15 quid. (I'm sure that information will quite rightly be classified though!)
There's a clue somewhere else if you look hard enough. ;)

TBF I've done that a few times on Pints which is an omnipresent game.
muddle

Post by muddle »

Ah yes,I've spotted the clue - it was quite a good clue,you basically just told us lol.It is still on the iquests,certainly on the most recent line-up with Pointless.It might be on those Pub Connects too,I don't know.Always sad when an old favourite goes - did it take you long to get up to that standard? Football is one of my best topics,but I was put off playing that by the grimness of the spoilers,maybe I should have persevered.They should bring out a new football based quiz,from what I can tell they are always popular.One of the more fun games of recentish times was that Fantasy Football Quiz,I'm assuming you played that.The leaderboard was nearly always full so it must have been quite popular too.I'd like an updated version of that to appear!