Issue 33

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Issue 33

Post by muddle »

Issue 33 - there is one,and that's good news in itself.Saw a couple when I was out yesterday.What's new? Well I didn't see any new quiz games,but Caesar's Palace II has returned.I had a go and the bit where the coins move and you're supposed to follow the sequence moved so quickly that nobody could possibly follow it (always got to be careful saying something isn't humanly possible,but didn't those 2010 SWP guidelines have something in about tests of skill having to be actually achievable? Apologies if I'm wrong about that.But anyway,it went ludicrously quickly) There was also a game called Brain something which I actually quite enjoyed,various puzzles that must be solved as quickly as possible.If you got enough points,you qualified for the end game which sounded similar to the Crystal Maze style.Not really up my alley (fun though it was) but might be worth a look for some people.There was one other game which I think was new,something about putting gems on a mountain which I didn't bother with.Good to see that new games are still being developed though I would say.I nearly didn't get to try them though as the machine crashed after I tried to return to the main menu from Pointless - I don't always ask for the machine to be rebooted but I did this time.I do wonder (and have done before frequently) if there were no reliability issues with the machines,how much more money there would be in them when the collector came round.
JG

Post by JG »

Those guidelines now include mobile phones as it is assumed that the mobile phone is just another organ as so many human beings in developed counties now carry them. So to calculate the speed at which the coins flip, the highest end pre order mobile phones were analysed, the thought process being as you actually get this tech in Japan, at the moment, it would be totally fair. In actual fact it's the fps or frames per second that the camera can process. Currently only the iPhone 7s, Sony Xperia M25 orbital and the Samsung Galaxy King 5 are capable of beating the game on its highest level.

In all seriousness thanks for posting, it illuminates the board and even though the new games don't sound very quiz like, they might be worth a little punt for fun.
JG
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Have any game been removed from issue 32 ?
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Footy quiz..... :(
muddle

Post by muddle »

Ah,I didn't notice Footy quiz had gone,as I never played that as it seemed to leap from easyish questions to ludicrous spoilers once you got close to winning anything.I noticed Match of the Day has disappeared from nearly every paragon (which I'm a little more disappointed about,as I expect others are) so not great if you like football based quizzes.Also I see Caesar's Palace didn't make the final cut onto issue 33 as the same trick that existed previously still worked again,or so I was told.Personally I don't want there to be tricks like this that can be taken advantage of - I'm quite happy for it to be a true test of skill/general knowledge/memory recall etc.It's quite sloppy of the manufacturers not to test their games properly.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Was strange being in central Manchester today in a boozer that had the rare occurance of two yes two Gamesnets either side of a Fruity. Was just like old times.

One had the new update, the other still had the last issue games much to my delight given it has one very profitable (for me) game on which is starting to become a rare occurance.

Anyway how come some machines take long to update than others, is it done manually e.g. technical game comes round or does it just re-programme itself on a certain date?
quizard

Post by quizard »

The spoons on Picaddilly Gardens had got two Paragons next to each other. Last time I passed neither was in working order though lol.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

quizard wrote:The spoons on Picaddilly Gardens had got two Paragons next to each other. Last time I passed neither was in working order though lol.
Manchester seems to be still in the 90s as the spoons near Oxford Road also has two paragons.

Only other spoons I've seen the twin machines at is the wonderfully named the wrong 'un in Bexley heath.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

I never saw this new version of Caeser's Palace! Was it a dream?
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

dont updates only happen when the credit dongle runs out? As in its easier to wait and do both at the same? That might explain why it can take so long to see new things?
A night club near has gone from a normal paragon update to the Sumeer 2013 OPEN update recently!!!! Apart from £1 Tribal Towers it is truly abysmal. Cant wait for the credit dongle to run out, although i suspect that may take some time!
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I'm reading this thread and realising I have no idea when it comes to quiz machines. I like a go every now and then after playing the fruit machine, istead of walking straight out. I'll be lining all your pockets!