Pointless and The Chase on Games Nets

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Pointless and The Chase on Games Nets

Post by muddle »

I must admit I was expecting Pointless to return to all Games Nets with the original prize structure as on the Paragons.It seems I may be disappointed in this! I wonder what misguided logic made them guarantee at least a £5 jackpot every time,and similarly what has made them decide not to return it their terminals a la Paragon as it's one of the most popular games around.There seemed no good reason to have a version of The Chase that never offered a jackpot of more than a fiver either as that would only happen if the game had taken a fair bit of money.Why I'm mentioning this is that we need the games companies to make sensible decisions if the quiz machine's going to have a future.They could maybe do worse than ask the opinion of people posting on here.I have to say that if I'd been present at the meeting where the £5 Pointless jackpot was ensured,I would have pointed out the obvious pitfalls with that!
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

muddle wrote:I must admit I was expecting Pointless to return to all Games Nets with the original prize structure as on the Paragons.It seems I may be disappointed in this! I wonder what misguided logic made them guarantee at least a £5 jackpot every time,and similarly what has made them decide not to return it their terminals a la Paragon as it's one of the most popular games around.There seemed no good reason to have a version of The Chase that never offered a jackpot of more than a fiver either as that would only happen if the game had taken a fair bit of money.Why I'm mentioning this is that we need the games companies to make sensible decisions if the quiz machine's going to have a future.They could maybe do worse than ask the opinion of people posting on here.I have to say that if I'd been present at the meeting where the £5 Pointless jackpot was ensured,I would have pointed out the obvious pitfalls with that!
You're spot on.
I saw a Paragon the other day where every game was pretty much unplayable and yet Pointless was on £5.70. People love playing it. It's one of those where when you lose you immediately want to try it again.
Don't know about The Chase - I rarely play it as it's too tedious.