entnet

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

entnet

Post by cool »

This company offer to convert inde's , Paragon , and Opens to a seven game AWP thats an 80's throwback crock of shite.
Its like trying to replace Call Of Duty with Space Invaders.
The company states there is a hundred years of expertise between the employees , not a lot if they have hundreds of employees.
Is replacing the SWP'S some in locations but what sort of licensee thinks theres money in this?

http://www.entnet.co.uk/index.html
quizard

Post by quizard »

Well I don't think quizzers are making them much these days. I think they are now just being kept as an attraction for the customers.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
quizard

Post by quizard »

And I like what they laughingly call 'straight' roulette with a pay out of 78% LOL
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
JG

Post by JG »

This looks pretty snazzy. Better than the bookies roulette which pays out at 64% to keep the illuminati in new shoes. I think there should be hi stakes word soup on there though. £100 ultra play option, £2k jackpot for a clearance. Bit of a kick in the teeth if you like matching the correct answer to the displayed question though.
JG
cp999

Post by cp999 »

JG wrote: I think there should be hi stakes word soup on there though. £100 ultra play option, £2k jackpot for a clearance.
lol - I think there would be players paying to have machines abducted, converted and returned, out of their own pockets, if that were the case!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

You have to chuckle: "No complicated features here, just a single winline" - it's the "Hello World" of fruit machine games... ;)
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Seeing as most of these machines clam up the second you win over a tenner there's no way this will work.
muddle

Post by muddle »

To reply to what quizzard said earlier about some pubs just having them as an attraction for the customers,I suspect that's right in a number of cases.Certainly in a friend's local,that's what the manager said to me.What made him get rid of the quizzy was the various things that kept going wrong with it:not accepting money,swallowing money,screen not working etc.Of course these things are also a problem if as a landlord,you're hoping for a small profit every week.I was in a pub the other Saturday night for a drink,and over an hour and a half,four different groups of people wanted to play the quizzy but it was doing that thing where it won't take any coins.If it had been working properly,there might have been a tenner or more in the machine when the collector arrived.I still think that if the machines worked properly,didn't do any of the daft stuff like offering prizes such as £0.90 etc (you can't collect any of the prize you've won in that case - is that even legal?) there might be an industry that can still continue.Persist with duff machines and duff prizes,then maybe then the game is up.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Sadly I think it's just a vicious circle now of neglect and poor maintenance. I now *expect* to encounter mechanical or similar problems in virtually every location - even with a machine where the coin mechanism, screen and all games are working correctly, I would still expect to encounter a failure to pay out all the money that I legitimately win - even ignoring the deliberate Sceptre policy of fiddling with the payout levels, the maximum amount available for payouts is commonly around £30 to £40 and after anything over about £20 of winnings I am ready for the next amount collected to cause a payout failure. I usually try to reboot the machine and get rid of any remaining credits in such cases, so that there's at least a chance of punters starting to play it again that day, but the general picture of too few people caring for their machines adequately is all too evident.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Roulette at 78% lol