Paragon "update problem"

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Topical2009

Paragon "update problem"

Post by Topical2009 »

Is there a problem with Paragons or is it just local to me? I was going to the cinema in Oxford yesterday, and planned to leave myself an hour to kill before the show to have a relaxing pint and see what was going on with the machine in a nearby pub. Unfortunately, the only thing I saw was a screen saying something like "Update needed, insert CD or USB stick"; same in a second pub I tried later, having passed another two which were switched off (though obviously there could be many reasons for that). So, pint but no machine fun. Is this a coincidence - maybe landlords round here are bad at paying their bills - or has anyone seen it happening elsewhere?
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Topical2009 wrote:Is there a problem with Paragons or is it just local to me? I was going to the cinema in Oxford yesterday, and planned to leave myself an hour to kill before the show to have a relaxing pint and see what was going on with the machine in a nearby pub. Unfortunately, the only thing I saw was a screen saying something like "Update needed, insert CD or USB stick"; same in a second pub I tried later, having passed another two which were switched off (though obviously there could be many reasons for that). So, pint but no machine fun. Is this a coincidence - maybe landlords round here are bad at paying their bills - or has anyone seen it happening elsewhere?
Saw this in a pub today. It happens occasionally. Maybe they'res an update on the way soon?
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

I assumed there must be, but it seemed a bit odd that it was knocking the machines out of action. Just to clarify, this isn't the sort of thing where you can't put money in temporarily, while the normal menu shows with an extra message saying it's updating, this is a full screen message more along the lines of the "Call Engineer/Payout Error" type. Gaffer in the second pub said he had indeed called an engineer, and turned the machine off, as it wasn't a message he was expecting.
djs

Post by djs »

Hiya,
I dont know if this is to do with it, but there was a new update around a week back. I wonder if the machines auto update now on their own? And I don't own a machine so I'm only guessing. Or perhaps if their pubs current version is missing a critical update then maybe it gives the message.
It's only a few games updated in the recent one, £100 jackpot or something. A bigger update on it's way in March.

So there was an update a month or so back, which was just a new menu I beleive.
And an update a week back which added £100 jackpots I think.
And an update on it's way in March, v8.