Update on my HOTWIRE "OPEN" - A Pub Landlords View

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
whiteswan

Update on my HOTWIRE "OPEN" - A Pub Landlords View

Post by whiteswan »

Hi everyone.........

Not been around for most of the year - I stopped posting the top 10's on my machine as some posters said the thread title was leading.

The quizzer has performed dreadfully this year............took only £4 last week !

Sent FATSPANNER an email last week as that take does not even cover what I pay on a monthly basis to them for the HOTWIRE to remain connected to their network - add in the electricity it uses and I'm on a loser with it - and don't even mention HMRC In january.

The falloff has been dramatic - yet the fruit machines have remained stable this year.

Customer footfall is slightly down (people staying at home to watch olympics - and having zero summer) - but still trading well.

To FATSPANNERS credit they replied to my email saying a major update is due at end of this week.

This is their plus point - always very helpful and respond to queries and offer help even though I am not a multi site operator - I just have the one machine.

Will I be keeping the HOTWIRE?

Well that all depends on the cashbox over the next few months - the whole MENU system needs a complete overhaul as well as a raft of new games and licenses - hoping for THE CHASE on this new update.

As some of you will know the lack of "official" licenses on the OPEN's was a main gripe of mine - and as soon as MONOPOLY & BULLSEYE games were added in last update they became top 2 or 3 games since - along with Sport Quizzes.

However that was 6 months ago - nothing since - it would be good if I could get new decals for the machine to make it look different with every update - along with a new menu system this would make it look like we have a new quizzer.

FATSPANNER now do a credit based system - which I will look at moving over to - its got to be more economical than my current outlay - although not too sure how it works at the moment.

Just to clarify before I go - the machine has taken £70 - £80 per week some weeks - just not very often - I have access to a weekly average over the past 9 months or so and its at £20 approx per week - so not brilliant.

I get the impression that HOTWIRE/OPEN are not top of their priority list anymore - the only new license I heard of them acquiring is ROLAND RAT - which seems completely bizzare............kind of sums it all up.

Hope everyone on here is keeping well.

Dave
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

The Chase is out now on Paragon so must exist somewhere. Not all 'official' games as you call them are great. High Stakes is just downright bizarre.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

I think I noticed some new games yesterday - Million Pound Drop was one I think.......but the problem is you have to look really closely to notice them - so the average player who got bored of the machine weeks ago will NOT notice a menu update - can it be so hard to COMPLETELY change the colour of the menu's every time there is an update to announce the arrival of the new menu -gonna log into machine now and see whats on the menu - back soon.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Just logged into machine and its still showing MENU 15 from May 2012 - but unless I'm going mad I am sure I saw some new games yesterday (nothing spectacular and really hope that's not the update promised) - will have a look at machine proper later on.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Well.............looks like that WAS the update promised.

Have asked to go onto the credit system but my Hotwire cannot do it...........bit dissapointed really.

Dave