The Chase

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
tonkarentino

The Chase

Post by tonkarentino »

A new SWP on a type of unit I've never seen before.

The game itself is a pretty good copy of the actual show.

You start with a round where it asks you questions to build up your money. You get a minute and 25p for every question you answer correctly. Each wrong answer generates a penalty of 5 seconds. I suspect when it's ready to pay the questions are easier meaning you build up a higher win.
You then take on "The Chaser" in a straight multiple choice round AFTER he's offered you the chance to take a step nearer home (with whatever you've won in Round 1) or a step nearer him/her. Like in the show the money reduces or increases. You also APPEAR to get the chance to go two nearer the chaser for again what appears to be a maximum win of £5.00.
If you win that you then it looks like you get the chance to play against the chaser ostensibly by answering as many questions as you can with him then answering questions except that isn't quite what happens in practice. You get a target to beat which, to all intents and purposes, is the number that the chaser would get right. Presumably this target reduces over time.

It was quite entertaining and I'm sure the punters will play because they've seen the game on TV.

Personally I don't like the £5.00 max win (although it's better than a £3.00 on that barman game) or the fact that the machine controls the number of questions you need to beat the target.

If it is on test I wouldn't be surprised to see it rolled out across the country soon...
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

I heard a Wicked Whisper last night that this game will be canned. Apparently the makers didn't get round to checking with the programme as to whether creating such a thing might be OK...
cool

Post by cool »

its shite, good riddance with a cast that makes the Eggheads seem lovable.
grecian

Post by grecian »

What ggdr says. I had £7 from it.
johncluedo

Post by johncluedo »

N
��������
JG

Post by JG »

I can only see a capital N and a load of squares. What is the meaning of this?
JG
messiah

Post by messiah »

That barman game pays £6 everytime. Sometimes anyway. Well twice in my life. I wonder if they asked Willie Thorne for permission for that one?
cool

Post by cool »

ggdr seems to be bang on the money as the chase is vanishing at the rate of knots.
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

too much work, for a tiny reward lol. also, this games warehouse PRO software. WTF is that about??? tri towers under quiz games. this ridicolous DOND skill, and megatouch games! I spent more money on monkey bash in the past month than i ahve in the last 10 years!! :D

edit: WTF is going on with credits? i saw the sillyness with other posters, but assumed they been playing games. I havent touched the arcade section for months and I got stupid credits as well???????
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!