Thanks, Fruitchat Admin.

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
BigEd

Thanks, Fruitchat Admin.

Post by BigEd »

Fruitchat Admin wrote:Hello! We have noticed that you havent posted anything to the forums in the last 30 days. Please consider making a post so that your account can be set to active again. Thanks, Fruitchat Admin.
Admin people; Quizzers are on their death bed and it looks like things have taken a turn for the worst. The family have been asked to gather around.

There is nothing to post about Quiz Machines, as there is nothing of interest going on. Same old shit games. Please remind me how long Word Soup, Pub Quiz, Bullseye, DOND, etc have been around? Are we all not bored of them now? I think the world needs to take a break from quiz machines, until something new appears.

Suspend my account if you want; as I can not quite see what great piece of insight that I may miss.
On the other hand, just leave me alone to watch the tumbleweed roll past the Quiz Machine section of the forum....
Oh, I'm so scared.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you got an automated message , stop being so melodramatic
Scott

Post by Scott »

Bring back the phœnix.
Cobwebs 👆
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

The changes from the impending machine games duty will either reinvigorate or completely kill off the industry, but there's some fairly interesting stuff in the pipeline.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Word soup used to be my gtd way of doubling 50p to a £1
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No air left....can't breathe....bring back Pub Quiz.......
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

mr lugsy wrote:you got an automated message , stop being so melodramatic
And the point went way way way over your head.
Oh, I'm so scared.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Hopefully if the pros are finding it tough and dropping out, then we will see a bit of a cyclical response from the manufacturers, and things will tart getting easier.

Only way to see will be to pop back to the forum in a year and see if it is still around
darren

Post by darren »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:Word soup used to be my gtd way of doubling 50p to a £1
It used to be my way of losing a quid to be moderately entertained
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I used to enjoy Word Soup, it used to give me something to moan about. But I agree with ol' Big Ed on this. I used to enjoy the Clangers, The Avengers (with John Steed, not Captain America), Callan, The Professionals and the Sweeney, but that doesn't mean I'd watch them now.

I can't think of 5 decent new games in the last 5 years. I don't mean decent as in emptiers, by the way, I mean decent as in something that would keep the public entertained and some money in the boxes for me to win.

The same crap is still on the boxes: Word Soup, Deal or No Deal (the one with the questions), Skill Ball Bingo or Foxy Ladies or whatever they call it now, Pub Quiz (I love it - but how many of the fruit boys have been playing the same game in the Wetherspoons for that last 10 years? It's fucking ludicrous when you think about it). 1 vs 100, Nuts, Eliminator, Bullseye, Colour of Money. They're all ancient. I think I may have been a child when Spot the Difference first appeared (on an itBox I think).

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe people download apps on their phones and play them for 10 years and don't bother with any new ones. I doubt it.

I do still like watching the odd Sweeney episode on ITV4 though. You're nicked.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday