astonishing win

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

astonishing win

Post by Istenem »

a dear, dear old friend of mine called me up for a drink tonight.

she is just a normal girl who knows i play a bit of SWP. but she had chosen a very good pub, so that suited me.

she wanted to play Spot It (apparently if you find five keys you get a quid back) so that was all a very bit very dull.

but while i was outside for a smoke, she got to some sort of endgame which threw £15 at her.
she willingly admitted that she had no idea why or how.

>a decent prize for a lame game< ?

i can barely win a penny these days, but if Joe and Josephine Public can, that has to be a good thing.

29-1
nobody ever wins on those things.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Doesn't that kind of thing happen when any game's new? Or at least the machine/issue is new. It happened to me on that newish version of Battleships where you have to stop the bomb thing. First couple of times I went on it I won a fiver off a 10p stake but I couldn't do it again and wouldn't bother trying.
inquizitor

Post by inquizitor »

Spot It has 2 ways of winning.
Collect the 5 keys to get the cashpot, usually anyway up to 50p sometimes £1.
Get through enough levels of finding things to get enough points for the endgame, which is what I presume your friend did.
Points required between 50000 and 65000.
Depending on how long since it paid out versus how much its been played the max prize here can be as low as 10p or as high as it feels.
Max I've seen is £7, but from what you've said £15 is possible.
The endgame is 5 sets of 5 values which mix themselves up and the first 3 values you find the same is the prize you win.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

It's certainly possible Istenem. I was amazed to win £10 on the IND:E version not so long ago. Then I played it again and won £4.50. Aside from that freak, the endgame offers 50p about seven times out of ten, in my experience.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

me and a bunch of mates are quite good at this game, can get the prize round every single go...

once you win anything the top prize goes to 50p...

once the keys are won.. it takes them out of the game for a while.. not sure how long for, im assuming you have to lose on it a few times.. which we dont.

part of our group got a high score of 600,000 on one unit..
highest prize we've seen anywhere was £7.50