Quiz machine percentages - and eggheads in particular.

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
exactly

Post by exactly »

Why not just tell us why?
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

there are spoiler question i imagine......maybe the quizmaster knows them all tho. we got a tenner....fiver and 3 quid. then we tried another pound and got a few stinkers and has to call it day
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

maverick69 wrote:there are spoiler question i imagine......maybe the quizmaster knows them all tho. we got a tenner....fiver and 3 quid. then we tried another pound and got a few stinkers and has to call it day
none of us are that good, my dad is very good at general knowledge. but he didnt know the spoilers lol..u got to guess and hope...or learn them all.which the quizmaster may or may not have done. then we have played one in a spoons and not been able to get more than a quid. if u follow a pro...i imagine u can get stung?
exactly

Post by exactly »

My point really is if qm knows all the spoilers how come he doesnt pot it every time? If he doesnt know all the spoilers how does he pot it all? (i have jackpotted it once and it was childishly simple so Ill admit to being a biffer). Perhaps there is a special set of ultra spoilers after the second jackpot, perhaps it stops you playing it, perhaps it goes to maximum pound jackpot. I have no idea what he's referring to and I am surprised I have never seen it if pros are leaving it in this state.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

There aren't only 5 questions per rounds after that..........
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
exactly

Post by exactly »

Fair enough.
ob

Post by ob »

At least pub quiz has a decent format that shows you whats on offer, ie. not too many questions for the cash....

I bet a terminal with just pub quiz on would do better than these stupid multi game terminals, just have pub quiz on a like 60% payout, I wouldn't be suprised if that would actually make better money for the pub than a multigame fayre that costs thousands to buy...
grecian

Post by grecian »

exactly wrote:My point really is if qm knows all the spoilers how come he doesnt pot it every time? If he doesnt know all the spoilers how does he pot it all? (i have jackpotted it once and it was childishly simple so Ill admit to being a biffer). Perhaps there is a special set of ultra spoilers after the second jackpot, perhaps it stops you playing it, perhaps it goes to maximum pound jackpot. I have no idea what he's referring to and I am surprised I have never seen it if pros are leaving it in this state.
Good questions! Pub Quiz certainly has a rolling jackpot which offers an easy shot at JP very occasionally - I've had that two or three times and it's probably what you got. In that mode, a reasonably knowledgeable player could pot it. But I think that's separate from its main compensator, which is what determines its general state of play. I have never taken a Pub Quiz JP outside of the occasional very easy JPs - once or twice I've fluked my way up to £5 but the sheer number and variety of spoilers makes it very difficult. Moreover I don't think I've ever seen it in visibly "done" mode, although I've noticed recently that it's started giving tough questions at the end of round one, which it never used to - maybe that's a response to pro attacks?
exactly

Post by exactly »

I know what you mean grecian; I imagine all but your most deluded of
"pros" are looking for something else to do with their time