New SWP unit

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Oli

New SWP unit

Post by Oli »

I normally stick to AWPs and rarely play SWP machines as my general knowldge is nothing short of shit. However, today I noticed a new type of SWP that I've never seen before and is quite different from the IT boxes and the like.

It looks like an AWP in that it has no digital screen, has lots of flashing lamps with an attract mode and is in the same shaped cabinets as AWPs.

Interested by this I had a go. It has just the one game on it which starts immediately. (No reels like AWPs have). Basically, you have to 'stop' the light on various different symbols, similar to skill stops and TAXI on AWPs. Collecting different combinations of symbols awards different cash wins. Also has ? (mystery) squares as per AWPs. Jackpot was £20.

It was OK - much prefered it to the generic 'answer the question' type SWPs. Any other folks seen this or any games like it? I imagine there are several different games around? Or will be if there isn't at the moment?
streaky bacon?
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

Was it completely skill based then?
i hate swede
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

Was it the one where it depended how hard you pressed the start button on where the trail stopped, with the top of the trail being 'bust'. We have one in a takeaway round here, obviously % based. I am sure that unit was a £50 j/p tho. Had about a tenner in it and sweet fa out.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
Oli

Post by Oli »

I believe so yes. I'm not 100% sure but I think the winning amounts for each symbol changed each game so it could compensate for dead / happy boards. Before you start you have a speed gage to determine how fast the skill stop will be. (The idea being that you get the slowest in order to give you the best chance at hitting the skill stop.)
streaky bacon?
Oli

Post by Oli »

Missed your post Nick. It did have a speed gage as per above post but there was no bust at the top.
streaky bacon?
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

Dont think we are talking about the same game, but similar though. Mine had the bust at the top and, I think, cash/jack pot directly underneath. Tbh I cant see these taking off anywhere apart from fairgrounds. I think the manu created them in mind for takeaways for the pissheads to spunk thier money away, but blame it on thier lack of skill. I played it sober enough to press the button with the same amount of power each time (ish :-P ) and the results still varied wildly.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Sounds like an old Skill Shuffle. Used to have a few in Monmouth but now long gone. Gemini made a fair few skill games, I'll try and dig some pics up
Could be Leaning Tower of Pizzas by Gemini. A newer machine with this sort of gameplay. Skill Shuffles were in em old JPM cabinets but this one has a weird thing going on. Says BUST and TOO FAR at the top though.
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

LOL. It could have been TOO FAR at the top, now you mention it! I dont think the manu was Gemini ( or the name was Skill Shuffle) but I can check at the weekend....... My problem is I spend so much time pissed, even when i dont end up pissed I cant remember anything anyway.

Edit: This one defo wasnt in a JPM cabinet, I never seen these types of cab before, not a million miles away from a standard AWP but still not close. THis is definatly new-ish though.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Does sound very much like Leaning Tower of Pizzas. Never played one! Most kebabishes I've been in have zero machines, or video games. One had Puzzle Bobble on one unit! Went in with mates, they'd eaten all their grub by the time I got off it!
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »