House of Tiny Treasures

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Captain.Tattybojangles

House of Tiny Treasures

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Turning up on a lot of units in tournament mode. Does anyone play this for the craic and what scores have they got?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

theres two guys in my local who have managed to completely memorize the first screen. they get that done in very very short time

there's other screens they are good at too..

i cant remember what their top score is, but the speed they play and the accuracy would be very hard to beat. ill look and post the score in a bit,
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

So it's same Everytime..............
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

the first one seems to be, then its just a case of learning the actual target items, they just get moved around, but you could stand for a full mnute trying to find some the first time as they can be different sizes etc...
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

... and the descriptions of what you're looking for can be confusing too. Some of the items aren't solid objects; more images 'frosted' into the background.

I've limped over the 10000 score once but then realised I was in a pub approximately 300 miles from home - hence I shan't be revisiting to claim my winnings.

Sound business for the operators - £25 in before it has to offer a prize that is highly unlikely to be claimed.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Spyder wrote:theres two guys in my local who have managed to completely memorize the first screen. they get that done in very very short time

there's other screens they are good at too..

i cant remember what their top score is, but the speed they play and the accuracy would be very hard to beat. ill look and post the score in a bit,
I suppose it depends if they can score 67640............

http://www.tournamentarcade.com/
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

69k.. bloody hell

the two guys at work have scores of about 35,000

the three top scores are within a hundred points of each other.. which seems a bit odd.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Looks like a familiar name in lights.........

http://www.tournamentarcade.com/game/Hex_Factor

No wonder Hex Maniac disappearing.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
messiah

Post by messiah »

Haven't even seen tournament Hex on my limited travels
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Ahem. Was very lucky to find a couple of these last Saturday.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

messiah wrote:Haven't even seen tournament Hex on my limited travels
There is one in a very obvious place.

Sadly it will probably mean the end of Hex.
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

Me and the wife scored 40k, on a £5 unit in a Lloyds bar with 2 games to go - by far the leadins score. when we went to claim a couple of days later - machine had been reset with no previous Tournament listing. Complete con if they can just be reset whenever pub / engineer wants........
Will not be playing again.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

When there are 2 games to go and I'm leading (which is always), I just put a quid in and quit both games so I can claim the money there and then.

I've had a few £50's that way, quitting 15-16 games remaining to get the dough straight away. Makes sense when you're on the road and can't be arsed coming back.

40,000 is a shit score as well. I've seen some 60,000's out there on my travels.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
mouse75

Post by mouse75 »

QuizMaster wrote:When there are 2 games to go and I'm leading (which is always), I just put a quid in and quit both games so I can claim the money there and then.

I've had a few £50's that way, quitting 15-16 games remaining to get the dough straight away. Makes sense when you're on the road and can't be arsed coming back.

40,000 is a shit score as well. I've seen some 60,000's out there on my travels.
I play for fun - and playing another £1 through to get £5 isn't he most sensible approach. Well aware 40k only average - but i've not seen a better score round here.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

mouse75 wrote:
QuizMaster wrote:When there are 2 games to go and I'm leading (which is always), I just put a quid in and quit both games so I can claim the money there and then.

I play for fun - and playing another £1 through to get £5 isn't he most sensible approach. Well aware 40k only average - but i've not seen a better score round here.
It is if you're a hundred miles away in Shitville, Lincolnshire