scammed by the operators

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

scammed by the operators

Post by cool »

Some months ago I contacted Fat Spanner concerning problems with their opens:
(1) machine freezing in middle of blockbusters losing player their winnings/credits
(2) problem with card/quiz game name escapes me with freezing screen
(did give them correct name at time)

now add to this freezing with game with 20boxes then 6 true/false questions.....Im not trying to be cryptic just never bothered with names of games!

if you win on many of the opens then take your money out, then try to re insert it the machine goes into reject mode.

My question is if the manufacturer produces software that eliminates the gliches and distributes it to the local gaming suppliers who decide not to install the update and continue to screw players such as myself (as when the screen freezes all evidence of winnings disappears) are they not as guilty of fraud as the fruit machine scammers who are all banged up.It doesnt matter that the fruity scammers took out £400k and I lost £20 on a machine the same intention is there,namely to defraud.

I have been told that Fat Spanner cannot make companies comply with their wishes.
masterful

Post by masterful »

it all goes back to the manufacturers. the machines should all be tested adequately BEFORE they get to the marketplace. GW are a prime example - in order to get any new game or updates out quicker than the oposition they fail to test adequately. You phone them (as I did) asking them how many testers they have or how long they test for - they lie. I know how many testers GW have...........
cool

Post by cool »

update: contacted fat spanner who believe the issue of the coinage out no re-entry has been sorted.Game I was referring to was take it or leave it.Havent experienced problems with the latest menu.

The problem with games freezing is that you can have 50 games and it only does it on the fiftieth game!

hopefully with the input/output problem sorted my advice is to take out your winnings as you go and put money in every time you play a game to be safe.
quizard

Re: scammed by the operators

Post by quizard »

cool wrote: My question is if the manufacturer produces software that eliminates the gliches and distributes it to the local gaming suppliers who decide not to install the update and continue to screw players such as myself (as when the screen freezes all evidence of winnings disappears) are they not as guilty of fraud as the fruit machine scammers who are all banged up.It doesnt matter that the fruity scammers took out £400k and I lost £20 on a machine the same intention is there,namely to defraud.

I have been told that Fat Spanner cannot make companies comply with their wishes.
Well no it isn't bare face theft like toolers. It is more down to incompetence, ineffciency, unwillingness to spend money and lazyness. I have never noticed it be as big a problem as cool anyway and when I have been cheated most times I have been given the money if I asked for it (but there again I don't look like a pikey :wink: ). Also incompetence and lazyness on the part of operators sometimes works in the player's favour such as in the case of C4 which was still around being shafted far longer than it should have been.
cool

Post by cool »

quizard you have a point about it working the other way,but although I admit the operators do not intentionally set out to scam,some do not seem overly concerned to get the updates.
There was a gliche on opens when they first arrived on the scene,through having software that had too tight security controls.I contacted fs who duly recognised the problem,told me the editions that it occured on and developed new software.One local company who shall remain nameless was fully aware of the problem,given the software update but resolutely refused to install it.I would call that dishonest even though in law nothing could be done about it.Perhaps another topic for HMRC!
wires74

Post by wires74 »

That new game on the brink freezes unfortunately lost a few quid on a dice because of it
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Something like that happened to me today. Won a tidy amount on one game took it out then moved on to the Pop Quiz. Just about to collect the fifth disc and the machine switches itself off and back on again - original menu and no credit.
I've had that thing where you can't put any money in after you've won too. Basically Open's don't seem to like you winning more than a fiver and appear to have a variety of devices to stop you playing once it knows you can win.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Can't say it's my experience very often that they break down or rob you.

You get the odd bad one but that's about it. Anbody who can't knock £25 out of these in an hour should give up playing now.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

QuizMaster wrote:Can't say it's my experience very often that they break down or rob you.

You get the odd bad one but that's about it. Anbody who can't knock £25 out of these in an hour should give up playing now.
£25 in an hour?! Is that all?
Surely anything less than 60 notes is piss poor? I thought a pound a minute was the minimum wage from these money-throwers.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I'd struggle to do £60 now that Pub Quiz has gone. Fair play if you can.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

QuizMaster wrote:I'd struggle to do £60 now that Pub Quiz has gone. Fair play if you can.
I was being facetious, trying to get a rise out of you as I thought you were showing off too much.
My parameters are more like a fiver up to around 15 to 20 odd quid if its a virgin machine.
One other thing - not that I play it much - but Pub Quiz still seems to be on every machine I've seen.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Went to a "Sizzler" with the other half today (I know how to treat a lady!)
She made me play the "Little shop of Treasures" game over and over again. So annoying as she "wanted" the hiscore. Where the hell is the coffee grinder in the USA diner picture?

Managed to stop her, and had a go on a real game. 50p in for an easy £3 out of the new iSpy. Collected, and found an extra £1 coin in the pay tray. Bloody fake coin!
Oh, I'm so scared.
cool

Post by cool »

two new open scams :

spent ages on an open yesterday won £27 £17 came out the rest just disappeared.

original scam beware! played star wars at £2 a throw! If you only put a pound in and try to play, it deleates your pound.This happened at 2 locations yesterday.

Fat Spanner have also got their facts wrong concerning the open 10 the problem about winning and then not being able to put in in more pound coins has not been fully sorted.

FAT SPANNER CONTACT ME YOU KNOW WHERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

cool wrote:two new open scams :

spent ages on an open yesterday won £27 £17 came out the rest just disappeared.

original scam beware! played star wars at £2 a throw! If you only put a pound in and try to play, it deleates your pound.This happened at 2 locations yesterday.

Fat Spanner have also got their facts wrong concerning the open 10 the problem about winning and then not being able to put in in more pound coins has not been fully sorted.

FAT SPANNER CONTACT ME YOU KNOW WHERE I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can beat that. Won £4.00 on 1 vs a hundred and moved on to Star Wars. Got the first game and then pressed start for a second. Took the credit-no game. Moved onto the Monsters game. Took credit-no game. Tried to take the remaining £1.00 screen went blank and then error message came on screen.
Similar things have happened on the last four of that type of machine I've played. Absolute rip-off, poor, amateurish production.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

the whole set-up smacks of amateurism. the content is shabby, the design of games looks like the YTS kid has done it and the level of questions is way off track. add this to the well-documented credit/payout problems and you have a desperate product.

don't get me wrong, i wish them well in a competitive marketplace but they need to up their game. at the moment there is very little pleasure in playing an open terminal. more than once (in moments of weak blindness) i have put a pound in one of these and stared blankly at an unappetising menu.

the darts genre is another case in point; paragon's (and crossover) PLoD is a very sophisticated and crisp product, put this alongside open's darts games (where the shirts are cheapo tat, supposed amusing touches are cringeworthy, the reticule is in spasm; let alone the cheating mechanism being so obvious) and you are left with an embarrassing comparison.
nobody ever wins on those things.