Paragon Nightmare !! NEVER DEAL WITH GAMES WAREHOUSE!

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
whiteswan

Paragon Nightmare !! NEVER DEAL WITH GAMES WAREHOUSE!

Post by whiteswan »

For those of you that do not know the story I will explain........

2 months ago on these very forums an employee from Games Warehouse approached me with a viewto giving me Paragon Software on my Open machine free for 3 months as long as they could monitor my cashbox in that time compared to the Open.

I agreed - they had problems installing the Paragon software on my OPEN so they took the Open away and left me with a Paragon TT - i never asked for this they offered.

I then decided to purchase the Paragon and contacted Games Warehouse and we agreed a part ex price for my Open as they said they could do with one to experiment on.

I have sent Dr Paragon messages through here asking if I could pay for my new machine next time they have a representative in the area.................no reply has been forthcoming.

Then today a lady called Shelly from Games Warehouse accounts contacts me asking why I have not paid for the machine I explain my story and she then goes onto say that the person I have been dealing with is on holiday - then she goes onto say that he has been made redundant................and that no such offer would of 3 months free would ever be made to me because the financial director would not allow it - I HAVE KEPT ALL THE CORRESPONDANCE - You approached Me you MUPPETS ! I never approached you and asked you for anything.

I have now asked for my OPEN to be returned..................if theres anybody left not on holiday or redundancy leave !

Back to FatSpanner I go..........................

Comments?

Dave
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ouch! :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you should never trust the first doctor's diagnosis

always get a second opinion :(
cool

Post by cool »

Dave July 06
'But I must say upto now the help I had in installing the machine and setting it up has been brilliant'.

Dave July 28
'I have now asked for my OPEN to be returned'

Dave its one of the shortest love affairs in history,you always came round to my way of thinking!

From Echo
'Good choice Dave
Will be most interested to hear which games prove to be popular on your Paragon'.

actually none of em Echo you are a total tit!
Dr Paragon

Post by Dr Paragon »

Dave - i can only apologise for the phone call you have received.

The only reason i hadn't got back to you re: you paying for machine is that i hadn't firmed up exactly when it would happen, and wanted to let you know an exact date.

I'd be interested to hear from you asap to discuss the phone call you received - the person you originally did the deal with has left the company recently, and it would appear that communications have not been passed on to the correct people about your machine.

I can assure you that the deal you made with us still stands, you have my personal assurance.

Hope to hear from you soon

Dr Paragon

PS - I've pm'd you

Post by Guest »

Anyone think that it might be against the terms & conditions of this board to be soliciting via PM?

Personally, I think the Paragons have been shit for years, and the slight improvement recently won't quickly change my opinion of the machines or the company :)
Istenem

Re: reading

Post by Istenem »

My favourite london boozer has just traded in a perfectly good modern paragon for one of those silly dice things. It is fine for one evening once i've helped myself to the free money but what now? The processor is so sluggish that every game clunks asking questions even more slowly than eamon bloody holmes, and there isn't even anywhere to rest my pint. I know that i commented on monsters of rock favourably but waiting three seconds for every question soon grates. It does seem to me that they have swapped a DB7 for a C5.
nobody ever wins on those things.
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

So if the paragons aren't very good what are best cabinets? Is there any way of setting up a member vote.. ie. favourite cabinet and reason why?

I think I have only played on Paragon and Open...

Post by Guest »

j2k7311 wrote:So if the paragon's aren't very good what are best cabinets? Is there any way of setting up a member vote.. ie. favourite cabinet and reason why?

I think I have only played on Paragon and Open...
Paragons are ok but i prefer the opens.
I know that isnt the general view but the people in here arent 'general' players :)
cool

Post by cool »

'general' players.I dont know what you mean.
The contributors in the main its accepted tend to be much better than the average but below the top level in the SWP world.Most of the pro's steer clear or at least never post.
pokerkingqueen

mewh

Post by pokerkingqueen »

Why did IT box die?
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Sorry Dr Paragon but I want the OPEN machine back please.

With talk of "restructuring" and "redundancies" etc as explained by yourselves it fills me with no confidence whatsoever.

I am just a single pub with 1 machine - to decide to spend such a large amount of money was a big decision for me and I have to know that there is back up there if I need it.

I can't remember the last time somebody so blatantly came out and called me a liar - especially in business.

Its not the way I conduct business - and its not the way I want to conduct business.

I have sent you a pm.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

FAO Dr Paragon - Games Warehouse....

I don't want to telephone you (surely sending me a message to contact you is adding insult to injury - shouldn't you be trying to telephone me?)

I don't want your machine - You could stick a tarts furry cup where the note acceptor is whilst I'm playing and call it Paragon XXX and I still would not want it.

Hopefully you have no rights of censorship on this board.

Dave
cool

Post by cool »

bring it on! I will be your corner man.

'You could stick a tarts furry cup where the note acceptor is whilst I'm playing and call it Paragon XXX'.

As we speak the board of Games Warehouse are in a meeting considering Daves radical suggestion and Ernest W Quality is preparing Vaginal Bob for aid of insertion should the unlikely happen. Remember we have seen the worlds first parascending donkey last week!
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

Dr Paragon wrote:Dave - i can only apologise for the phone call you have received.

The only reason i hadn't got back to you re: you paying for machine is that i hadn't firmed up exactly when it would happen, and wanted to let you know an exact date.

I'd be interested to hear from you asap to discuss the phone call you received - the person you originally did the deal with has left the company recently, and it would appear that communications have not been passed on to the correct people about your machine.

I can assure you that the deal you made with us still stands, you have my personal assurance.

Hope to hear from you soon

Dr Paragon

PS - I've pm'd you
Grovel Grovel kiss kiss kiss lol