titbox issue 69

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

titbox issue 69

Post by Istenem »

appears to be 68 without monopoly or trickshot pool. any redeeming features?

seems a very strange release (or a shit april fool). as we know, the swan saves its most beautiful song for the moment before death so i anticipate that 70 will be a thing of great splendour.
nobody ever wins on those things.
coinercaner

Post by coinercaner »

So no new games?
Not that bothered either way, recently I've only bothered with Go For Gold and Eliminator.
Bored with Bullseye, DOND as discussed not worth it anymore and Colour Of Money not worth the time and 3 or 4 quid investment!
Nil Satis

Re: titbox issue 69

Post by Nil Satis »

Istenem wrote:the swan saves its most beautiful song for the moment before death so i anticipate that 70 will be a thing of great splendour.
Beautifully put. This one does indeed appear to be completely pointless - as far as I can tell there are no new games and all that seems to have happened is that a couple of games from the back screen have been copied so that they appear on the front screen as well. I hope ItBox cabinets are easily recyclable because there is only one direction that those things are heading in...
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

I saw an Issue 69 yesterday that had By Any Means and Match of the Day on it...
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

i liked issue 61 myself
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

ggdr wrote:I saw an Issue 69 yesterday that had By Any Means and Match of the Day on it...
It seems Isty's guess might have been right and that original 69 release was indeed something of an April Fool, and as ggdr notes the official release includes these two main Games Warehouse games shipped in from the Paragons.

That in itself is good news - it's hard to imagine anything being added that WOULDN'T have made an improvement! - but it seems you do have to be careful with the Match of the Day game on the ItBoxes. It plays painfully slowly (presumably because of a less powerful processor, if that's the technical terms for these things :wink: ) which on the questions is merely annoying, albeit that it does force you to play with a Zen-like calm, which is often no bad thing. Any bonus games that require quick screen pressing however are made much more difficult as the response times are so poor and in particular the 'Match the pairs of stickers' game (which is normally a shoo in) is impossible to complete in the time allowed. The 'Jigsaw' game is also really difficult.

By All Means also plays a bit slower than on the Paragons but doesn't seem as affected in terms of the bonus games.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Managed to unchain myself from my desk last night to play a nearby itBox 69. Most odd: the box is clearly not quick enough to host BAM or MOTD acceptably (on the one I played most of the BAM screen was whited out so it couldn't be played, and MOTD ran very slowly), and it's a mystery why they've taken a game which highlights the shortcomings of the box quite so clearly. Other than that, little advance in the poor quality of the itBox at the moment: good to see FFQ continuing to hang on, but other than that there is little to excite on it. I'm beginning to think that they should just put the remaining itBoxes out of their misery and replace with something else.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I saw three itBoxes last week, two of which were locked up showing the Colour of Money full screen video. The third one also looked as though it had locked up on the Colour of Money, but it came back to life after 20 seconds or so of jabbing the screen. I wish it had not as I tried BAM and MOTD. MOTD was ok on this box, but BAM was impossible to play. Only tried the river game, and it simply did not react to any presses.
Oh, I'm so scared.
coinercaner

Post by coinercaner »

Seen about 2 BAM working out of about 12 or so Teetboxes. And yeah, most of the 'challenge' rounds on Match Of The Day don't work either.
Pity as they're two of the better games knocking about at the moment.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Nil Satis wrote:
ggdr wrote:I saw an Issue 69 yesterday that had By Any Means and Match of the Day on it...
It seems Isty's guess might have been right and that original 69 release was indeed something of an April Fool, and as ggdr notes the official release includes these two main Games Warehouse games shipped in from the Paragons.

That in itself is good news - it's hard to imagine anything being added that WOULDN'T have made an improvement! - but it seems you do have to be careful with the Match of the Day game on the ItBoxes. It plays painfully slowly (presumably because of a less powerful processor, if that's the technical terms for these things :wink: ) which on the questions is merely annoying, albeit that it does force you to play with a Zen-like calm, which is often no bad thing. Any bonus games that require quick screen pressing however are made much more difficult as the response times are so poor and in particular the 'Match the pairs of stickers' game (which is normally a shoo in) is impossible to complete in the time allowed. The 'Jigsaw' game is also really difficult.

By All Means also plays a bit slower than on the Paragons but doesn't seem as affected in terms of the bonus games.
Have yet to find a "By Any Means" on either an IT box or a Gamesnet which plays properly. I'm a technical desert head but it seems the machine cannot cope with the memory needed to play B.A.M. properly. On the one I played yesterday the train would only go backwards. vvverrrrry slowly!!
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

On the subject of lack of new content on these and other machines, I hope you realise that game providers are going to be holding back new games until something has been sorted out with the HMRC. I do happen to know that this is the case so hold on to your hats when it is all done and dusted because you will have more games than you can cope with or if the HMRC want a bigger cut there will be no machines for us to play on and maybe the end of this section of FC.