pub banning the saga continues

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

pub banning the saga continues

Post by cool »

in a pub today total shithole,when the publican sidles over and switches the machine off when he spots me.
I approached him and said that it was obvious from his actions that he only wanted thick people playing his machine
he retorted by saying that he thought I was the thick one
I said if he thought that perhaps he'd be so kind to switch the machine on I'd prove that I'm not.

I was then told to f**k off and shown the door

PUB IN QUESTION HARBOUR VIEW PORTSLADE nr Brighton.

go ahead and ruin his day by emptying his machine!
quizard

Post by quizard »

Well it is just an occupational hazard. You just seem to take it badly cool.

What machine was it?
JG

Post by JG »

I dislike being barred with a passion. I find the best course of action is to throw a temper tantrum. That's it, drop to the floor and whail your lungs out like a big baby.

At this point the landlord will say "look I'm going to count to three and if you're still down there, you can walk home"

Keep whailing and notice the disapproving looks from customers as he fails to control your tantrum.

Eventually, unless he has been to a seminar with Jo Frost at the brewery, you'll win and he'll offer to leave the quiz machine on if you're a good boy and you don't cry again.

if you find yourself on the naughty step, don't come looking for me.
JG
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

If he's spotted you emptying machine, or playing beyond reasonable expectations, then it's you that's the fool. £15 a pub/every pub. Never had a problem.

QM
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

I imagine being banned for doing a quiz machine is guttering! Especially when you are just using your own general knowledge!!!!!!

I haven't actually been banned from a pub for doing the quiz machine. Would be a bit annoyed if it did happen, just for using general knowledge stored away in the memory!
cool

Post by cool »

'I dislike being barred with a passion. I find the best course of action is to throw a temper tantrum. That's it, drop to the floor and whail your lungs out like a big baby'.

the day JG is revealed as Mark Oaten!

I dont particularly take this one badly, however I dont like being stopped from doing what Im doing legitimately the insinuation often from these people is that Im cheating the machine just because they are intellectual minnows.The arrogance comes about through their ignorance.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I fucking hate getting barred with a passion especially when they say am welcome for a drink just not on the bandit
justice For The 96
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

Small pubs, big problems. So many machines - why bother? :shock:
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Occupational hazard, but still tiresome. I used to say some really obnoxious things to landlords, but it's just not worth the potential hassle. At the end of the day, whatever he says, he's probably just some sad muppet making subsistence money.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

cool wrote:just because they are intellectual minnows.The arrogance comes about through their ignorance.
Ohhhhhh, get you. :wink:
Oh, I'm so scared.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

minnow.
nobody ever wins on those things.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Gilligan
Oh, I'm so scared.
quizard

Post by quizard »

okay you guys have lost me

# You say minnow, I say mi-an-now
You say piano, I say pi-an-no
Lets call the whole thing off #
cool

Post by cool »

the comic swipes from the forum members make alternative comedy seem mainstream (with the exception of Quizmaster who always is straight to the punchline) :roll:
with the emphasis on the punch!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i dont really play quizzers much, unless i put a few quid in deal or no deal or a crystal maze...

but i was out for a few drinks last night, and one quiz machine in one pub was getting emptied quite skillfully through someone playing various games, armed with a j2o
then when i went in the next pub down the street the itbox was getting played by a local, who won £5 from his change in his pocket and it iou'ed for £4...

some people must be taking it too far, taking too much out of the machine and leaving it to go empty on the next person...

in a dead pub this is gonna be noticed and anyone who goes towards the machine who they dont recognise is going to get grief.

afterall a regular punter might win £3 or £4 or even £10-£12 on a dond game, but they never actually win do they? they play the dond till it gives a few 20k starts and they fluke the questions... which takes ages if you're thick!

someone above said take £15 from each pub...

if you can actually do this, and you walk around or drive from place to place, then you make a days wages from the first street you go down... anything after that is a bonus..

but why get greedy and take the whole float, like the person i saw last night?

fruit machine players have no discipline and empty stuff regardless of where and why... but the quiz players are so inteligent on the games that you normally go in and out for a machine without anyone noticing..

why empty them?