2. Rocket Money 7%
3. Grab The Wedge 7%
4. Heads Up Poker 4%
5. Total Film Quiz 4%
6. DOND Big Reds
7. Talk Sport Quiz
8. Hex Maniac
9. Super Sport Challenge
10. Big Money Blackjack - getting a lot more play since it dropped to 50p play.

The overall payout of the machine is showing as 30% of total taken.

Any surprises there?

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

The percentages next to each game are the percentage of plays overall on the machine - there are approx 80 games installed on the machine.

New Update CD expected end of November - hopefully with the Star Wars game on it.

Dave
ZAX

Re: Current Top 10 SWP Games..........

Post by ZAX »

whiteswan wrote:.........on my OPEN Terminal as of Mon 19th Oct

1. Eliminator 14%
2. Rocket Money 7%
3. Grab The Wedge 7%
4. Heads Up Poker 4%
5. Total Film Quiz 4%
6. DOND Big Reds
7. Talk Sport Quiz
8. Hex Maniac
9. Super Sport Challenge
10. Big Money Blackjack - getting a lot more play since it dropped to 50p play.

The overall payout of the machine is showing as 30% of total taken.

Any surprises there?

Dave
Yeah, I would say so. The fact that Total Film Quiz is played more than Hex, when it is such a dog of a game, surprises me. Also that anyone plays Big Reds. Must say I'm not surprised about eliminator though.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Also slightly surprising to see Rocket Money doing so well, when all the indicators are this hasn't been a great success nationally, and the view on here is that it's just too hard for most punters.
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

Makes me wonder what the other 70 games are like if these are the best
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Not 'best', just 'most played'. The Opens also have a skewing factor in that 40-50 of the games will be tricky enough for punters to find on any one day that they probably wouldn't even know they existed. If Rocket Money is one of the headline games on the front screen at Dave's pub, it will inevitably get more plays than something worthier that's harder to access.

Having said all that, Total Film Quiz is still unforgiveable... :wink:
cool

Post by cool »

looking at that top10 Dave could broadcast The Muppet Christmas Carol from the swp playing customers in his pub over the festive period.
cool

Post by cool »

they are obviously the sort that will cream their jeans when they get a question away from winning a pound!
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

they are obviously the sort that will cream their jeans when they get a question away from winning a pound!
Thats what I do !! haha......

I have one customer who plays Big Reds everythime he comes in - and he comes in every day sometimes twice a day!

Same for Total Film - one customer has really taken to it and because it gets repeated plays it stays on the front screen.

Rocket Money is my fave game (i lost it for a while due the frustating nature of the OPENS menus) - regularly get a fiver off it (albeit my own money!) and Im playing it alone before the pub opens - the questions repeat rather a lot and sometimes it goes into happy mode giving you laodsa free balls and extra points - my average break on this around the 60 mark - highest ever being 90 - its good for me !!

FANTASY FOOTBALL NEEDS AN UPDATE !!!!!!!

Dave
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

How come a game like Total Film is still out there as the developers at silicon Magic are no more and have not been for a while now so who is pocketing the cash the game makes
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

cool wrote:they are obviously the sort that will cream their jeans when they get a question away from winning a pound!
Isn't that the whole point of playing a quiz machine in a pub?? A light bit of entertainment with that chance of winning a quid or 2??

The Big reds is the only game in the last several years that I've JP'd legitamately. It gives punters a fair shot even though the Boxes are weighted so heavily against you.

It might only be a £1 win but it's still a win, your every day pub player who likes a bash on the old SWP will remember any game that they have a win off, and keep going back to it time and again.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Some interesting points here........

That last one was spot on - if a player likes a game (whether its popular amongst this community or not) - they are gonna go back to it again and again.

You would assume boredom will set in at some point hence the introduction of new games to hopefully keep people interested.

Its the type of games that are popular that interest me - gone are the Goldenballs - Bullseye - DOND - Monopoly type games that were very popular when I first had the machine installed in July 08.

There are still question games there but they seem tp be the more quicker paced games - Rocket Money - Grab The Wedge etc.........

And Spot the Differemces have disappeared completely - even my Muppets (as one of you put it...) have realizrd how bloody unfair they are!

Dave
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Will post a new top 10 next week.

Pop The Question the new music quiz seems to have been played a lot.........along with the new Battleships and Battle Of Britain 2.

The new menu seems to be a crowd pleaser - but we have lost 3 of our most played games - FANTASY FOOTBALL - TOTAL FILM QUIZ - ROCKET RONNIE.

I have seen John Parrot played a few times but not as much as Ronnie used to.

Dave
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

Have you had any other boxes in your location? And how did they fair against the Open?

Better or worse?