The lights go out, one by one...

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cp999

Post by cp999 »

uber-pro wrote:Cp999 certainly seems to be trying to vent some frustrations. Perhaps hes been chasing paragons around so long hes started developing tourettes like ticks and a compulsive drug habit. Might explain some things
Ha ha, that's very funny!
cp999

Post by cp999 »

uber-pro wrote:tourettes like ticks
There are good times for a machine to ask what FTP stands for.. and bad times..!
quizard

Post by quizard »

I thought cp had taken over Quiz Master's role as the Quiz Machine forum's sort of 'attitude' guy LOL. What has happened to QM BTW? He hasn't posted since Jan.
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Maybe he's spending 18 hours a day learning Pop Quiz, and doesn't have time to post here.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

quizard wrote:I thought cp had taken over Quiz Master's role as the Quiz Machine forum's sort of 'attitude' guy LOL. What has happened to QM BTW? He hasn't posted since Jan.
Must admit, I rather enjoyed some of QM's cutting asides. I can't take over his role, as I do play Word Soup. ;)
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Badly!
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Bet you a fiver next time I run into you that I clear the grid ;)
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Haha. I'd rather just hand you the cash
kingspillage

Post by kingspillage »

south manchester's now losing quiz machines rapidly. Hazel grove used to have 9 machines 5 years ago, now there's 2. Even most of the wetherspoons in the area have taken them out, usually replacing them with another fruit machine. I guess the games haven't improved much, the payout percentage is awful, and people have apps on their phones giving them the same sort of experience for free. I have enjoyed playing them over a pint or two for many years, now its unusual to find a pub with one in. I am writing this in wilmslow wetherspoons, called in for a beer after work to find the quizzer replaced with.....nothing. The lights are almost out..........
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

why have a quizzer that takes £5 a week when you can have a fruit that takes £300 a week. £70jp games to late for gameswarehouse and the monopoly of dongles....bellfruit tried that with fruits and everyone went and brought reflexes.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
JG

Post by JG »

Any updates from Dave at The White Swan? It should be safe to post here again, I think GWHL have long since stopped monitoring this board.

Or have they?
JG
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

They probably out source someone to do it for them, they dont hold stock of spares n repairs are done by a different company for them i hear.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

JG wrote:Any updates from Dave at The White Swan? It should be safe to post here again, I think GWHL have long since stopped monitoring this board.

Or have they?
Don't tell him Pike!
djs

Post by djs »

I'd be suprised if they don't monitor the board? Do they not? It'd be an easy way to revise their software bugs.
warburton

Post by warburton »

The real reason that quiz machines are disappearing is that they are overplayed by pros.