Word games

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
tka

Post by tka »

Compared to you guys I am shit at word games but 3 years ago there was good money in them. I can clear maybe once in 20 on WU but when it as £20 that was very good money.
No wonder I drink!

Post by Guest »

tka wrote: I can clear maybe once in 20 on WU but when it as £20 that was very good money.
Aye, for sure. Do you think the new word game on the itbox has the potential to be lucrative? I still haven't spotted one.
tka

Post by tka »

I didn't manage to clear it so not sure about whether it might be a moneymaker. I played 2 games on it, first game easy quid second game i did much better but no prize. For bonus time you need to make target words (easy 3 letter words) rather than use JQXZ tiles. also it has a trophy room as well as top scores but you can only have 4 letters in your name.
No wonder I drink!

Post by Guest »

What's the jackpot?
tka wrote:but you can only have 4 letters in your name.
oh well, VBOB it is, then.

Post by Guest »

Both Fotherz and I (independently) played this today. We broke 6500 but haven't managed to clear the first screen yet.

The game is good fun - I especially like the way you can use tiles that were previously hidden as they are uncovered, even in the same word.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

what are the winning prospects Bob?
nobody ever wins on those things.

Post by Guest »

Reasonable - I won £3 first ever go (was first to play the game on that machine) and then got about £3 more in £1 instalments. Dunno what the jackpot is.
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

I played this for the first time today. 4500 was my best, but was a bit tired and unsure of the rules. I got a lot more points for GLITZY than QUIZZERS so I'm not sure of the scoring rules yet, though didn't stop to work it out.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

had a couple of goes, wasn't too impressed. it is not a patch on WU, imo it's good but it's not the one.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

I thought it was good,