ATTENTION INDUSTRY PEOPLE! Stop the cheats..

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
harry2

Post by harry2 »

£400,000 for a turnip is a fair price !
Roulette free since December 2011.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Is that Will?
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

I love the idea of people 'rinsing' JPs from a quiz machine nowadays LOL.
I 'rinsed' a machine yesterday for 4 quid and HOPPER ERROR appeared on the screen.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Well done on revealing good little long lasting earners!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Just to provoke a bit:

Some phones use auto complete in google to the extent that it runs a search during you typing the query..

So you might not need to type and wait as long as you would have thought to get a result..
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

On 1 v 100 tonight, I got asked something along the lines of......

"With the average mortgage rate in 1994 of 7.75% how much interest would you pay on a loan of £60,000?"

Good luck with a Google search for that one...............

In fact, I don't think the question stated how long the loan was for, so there is no correct answer without making an assumption.

Shortly afterwards I was playing Eggheads sudden death for £15. I knew the answer to the question was Angola - the three answers were Angola, Rwanda and Angola. Needless to say, I picked the wrong one, but Daphne did not. Grrrrrr.
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

David Healy wrote:On 1 v 100 tonight, I got asked something along the lines of......

"With the average mortgage rate in 1994 of 7.75% how much interest would you pay on a loan of £60,000?"

Good luck with a Google search for that one...............

In fact, I don't think the question stated how long the loan was for, so there is no correct answer without making an assumption.
I think it might have said 25 years, now I've thought about it again.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

David Healy wrote:
Shortly afterwards I was playing Eggheads sudden death for £15. I knew the answer to the question was Angola - the three answers were Angola, Rwanda and Angola. Needless to say, I picked the wrong one, but Daphne did not. Grrrrrr.
The MPLA question, I assume?
Can't believe you found an Eggheads with £15 pot!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

I've come across the situation where you get two answers the same before... Also when they are jibberish random letters...
I'm shite at quizzes though....

It doesn't happen all the time, so some games would be a bit easier with google...
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Million Pound Drop can easily be JP'd by Joe Public. Especially after about fiftylosing games. It becomes quite generous.
Roulette free since December 2011.
grecian

Post by grecian »

There's been at least one game in the past five years or so where the design of the game was such that use of a mobile to search for answers at key moments was possible. You had to pick your moment, though. Never a cert, though - many questions don't yield that easily to searching, and reception can break down if there's no Wifi.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

I saw two blokes in a boozer looking like they were setting up for a bit mobile fun. The game they chose was Eggheads. I never play that so no idea if it'd be worth it.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

paragoon wrote:I saw two blokes in a boozer looking like they were setting up for a bit mobile fun. The game they chose was Eggheads. I never play that so no idea if it'd be worth it.
Lol. Either the pot's high, in which case you win it, or it's not. In which case, you play one game and maybe win it. Unless it's on £1, in which case you time out on q1.

@David Healy: if you were on the sudden death segment, doubly unlucky as you might have been approaching the green bit (experienced players will understand - though they can randomly go away).