Top of the Pops

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

anfield road wrote:Just thinking then, why is this on the main board? really there should be some private board!

Now they are going to know about the bug if they never before and its gone!
Apparentely there is a private board!
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

GaryChandler wrote:Apparentely there is a private board!
And mark my words, we've been discussing it at length for quite some time ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

so who are the people in this room? 93% of people on here are clueless wanabees
justice For The 96
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Nixxy wrote:
GaryChandler wrote:Apparentely there is a private board!
And mark my words, we've been discussing it at length for quite some time ...
Discussing what?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

anfield road wrote:so who are the people in this room? 93% of people on here are clueless wanabees
I think you may have just partly answered your own question there, Anfield.

The problem with the 'glitch' mentioned above on TOTP is that there're hardly any of the affected cabinets left which haven't already been upgraded.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

I've had £12 before and was one step away from the jp but didn't want risk the money I'd won. :o ops:
cool

Post by cool »

there are those that are philanthropic and those that are just plain stupid- with putting gliches into the public domain.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Is philanthropic a stamp collecting werewolf ?
Come on you Royals
JG

Post by JG »

"I used to run home from school at lunchtime, wait 15 mins for it to load up, play for 5 mins, then run back to school. "

Beautiful stuff. i-pods, i-phones......where to start? That was truly magic. Pop the casette in and wait.

The other problem with the glitch is that it's not exactly hard to exploit. Play the game and there you go.
grecian

Post by grecian »

cool wrote:there are those that are philanthropic and those that are just plain stupid- with putting gliches into the public domain.
I wasn't going to start a thread like this, but given somebody else did, I was quite happy to comment. From what I was told, GamesNet are well aware of this bug and it's just a matter of them updating offending machines - obviously London is late on their update schedule. Intrigued by this talk of another board, though - clueless wannabe that I am, obviously.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Extreme Eddie wrote:what do these hold when full? surely there not £125 are they?
I've never had direct experience of this, but I'm told they do hold about £125, yes.
cool

Post by cool »

whether Gamestec knew about it or not is irrelevant- as once mentionned on this site they would immediately! Im not particularly bothered about the latest admission- its not going to make anybody rich , just people that arent very good a bit more dosh.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

cool wrote:there are those that are philanthropic and those that are just plain stupid- with putting gliches into the public domain.
I don't count myself as either philanthropic or plain stupid but as the one who put this into "the public domain" I thought I'd have my two penn'orth.

Firstly the bug (which in case anyone is still unclear is simply that your credit doesn't get reduced as you play each 50p game) was hardly life-changing was it? In my experience you could normally get one good game by playing lots of games to lose deliberately. This good game would yield £6 to £8 but it could easily take 10-15 minutes to arrive and at least the same to come back again. Sometimes it didn't come back at all, although I admit my patience for these things might be less than others and so my definition of "at all" may be slightly shorter]had been fixed[/i] on the new black cabinet which was the main point of my post. Hence Gamestec had clearly known about the bug for some time so it wasn't exactly a secret to them before they read my post, was it?

I accept that we all have a balancing act on any public forum like this but if nothing useful is ever posted then what is the point of the forum anyway? All you'll be left with is endless discussion of DOND Big Reds, which frankly is the sort of game that insults the intelligence of anyone who posts on this board.
grecian

Post by grecian »

cool wrote:whether Gamestec knew about it or not is irrelevant- as once mentionned on this site they would immediately! Im not particularly bothered about the latest admission- its not going to make anybody rich , just people that arent very good a bit more dosh.
I don't agree with you Cool - the point is that mentioning a bug on this site only has negative impact on players if the manufacturers find out from that mention. Once manufacturers are on to something anyway (and I had it on good authority from a very well connected player that they were), no further harm is done by discussing it on here as a matter of historical or soon-to-be-historical interest.

I'd go further, and risk making myself unpopular: I consider it could be in my selfish interests for the likes of GamesTec to find out about bugs like this sooner rather than later. No doubt they'll have lost a fair bit of profits through this amateurishness (to non-regular SWP players in the main, I suspect), and I fear that they'll try to claw that back by maximising rubbish gambling games and no-skill SWPs on their machines rather than the kinds of games that decent players play.

But anyway, well done to those who've made a sackful of dosh on this.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

I accept that we all have a balancing act on any public forum like this but if nothing useful is ever posted then what is the point of the forum anyway? All you'll be left with is endless discussion of DOND Big Reds,
exactly.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.