What's the most a quizzer has stolen from you?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
dmac

What's the most a quizzer has stolen from you?

Post by dmac »

xyz
JamieKiernan

Post by JamieKiernan »

I had an IOU £18 from Yates Wine Lodge, never to be returned.

Maybe it was bad Karma after I pulled out £23 from an ITBox, which gave me £23 but then said 'Hopper Empty £16', I thought against my better judgement, and told the Bar Manager it hadn't paid out.

She never called.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
JamieKiernan

Post by JamieKiernan »

dmac wrote:
JamieKiernan wrote:Yates Wine Lodge.
Snap :roll:

Because it was exactly £20 the barman assumed I had put in a note, dunno if that made a difference.
Unsure mate, but I do know I won't be drinking in any Yates Wine Lodge's again.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I only tend to report losses of this kind to the bar if it's over £10 or so. I cannot remember EVER having been rung back by any pub of any kind despite giving a fair amount of pubs my details over the years. I suspect it's almost universal practice in the industry not to ring back punters - no doubt the bar staff pocket any cash that gets paid back by the machine company.

That said, some pubs will pay you in cash out of the till there and then - less likely in the chain pubs though.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

can't say i share these experiences by and large.
i have been called back by quite a few of the pubs which have owed me. for some others which haven't, i have gone out of my way to make their life a misery. i still pay occasional visits to the old trout which owes me £12 from three years ago.
i can be pretty cantankerous when there's a bee in my bonnet. i suspect this is a character flaw but there you go.
nobody ever wins on those things.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

I have had a couple of ok experiences. The first thing I do is explain I don't like giving my phone number out to pubs with a look that tries to get some empathy back. Then I ask the name of the person I'm speaking to and write it down so I can prove who I was talking to. Finally I ask them when exactly I'll be able to pick the money up. It's all about taking control!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i guess i'm lucky that my job title makes me sound like some sort of big cheese ( :roll: ) it is not true but people tend to misinterpret it and choose to believe what they want. being king of the shitbreeders is hardly impressive itrw.
i'll give them my card, my secretary knows that i play the things and she has a quick wit so if they do call she can field it.
professionally i wouldn't abuse it but sometimes the title comes in handy. it is money to which we are entitled so there is no good reason (anonymity aside) why we shouldn't get it.
nobody ever wins on those things.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

Just give them your name and say you will pop in next week otherwise you will have to call the police as its theft
justice For The 96
JG

Post by JG »

Left details dozens of times. Only been called back twice with news that full refund was waiting behind bar and that was from Everards both times, so fair play.

Been ripped off at Tenpin, Rileys, The Fletch on A45 and once at LFE. Thieving staff I suspect. Fletch was definitely a crook landlord! Closed down now I think. Used to have a bit of a drugs scene there. You know the Fletch. Near Stanleys on the '45. Had a Baywatch pinball table.

Never had probs with big chains....touch wood. Although they don't phone back. Terrible courtesy.
cool

Post by cool »

Unsure mate, but I do know I won't be drinking in any Yates Wine Lodge's again.
you might not have to looks like they are going to the great wine lodge in the sky! 8)
cool

Post by cool »

I was in a gay pub recently where fortunately is was just me and the crew cut landlady with muscles and attitude. The Itbox didnt pay out. I pointed this out and she said you have to beat the 'crap out of it' to get the money to come out. I stood back she launched into a ferocious assault on the unsuspecting machine (an attack so fierce I would have backed her against Amir Khan) and out dropped wait for it just a humble £1 COIN! :(
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
donttellhimpike

Post by donttellhimpike »

In my experience you simply have to chase the money. A phone call from the pub comes along about 10% of the time.

On the whole i think it is still worthwhile reporting problems and non pays, even though i do know players who just walk away. I find it hard to ignore such things; justice, bloody mindedness, sense of fair play, wanting the machine repaired etc....

Pike

Nothing fishy going on, honest guvnor.