Hang Man Saloon

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Sloach wrote:are there still enough machines around for you guys?
Not really no. Wouldn't surprise me if there werent any at all this time next year!
Sloach

Post by Sloach »

What you going to do once it ends?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Error
cool

Post by cool »

I'm not particularly far from retiring age and as I don't smoke, drink, go to restaurants, cinema etc, have a 10yr old car, no television / Sky, never take holidays and importantly free of a mortgage can happily (probably the only person who can) live in this situation. My major interest is running and is relatively cheap (no I don't do Park Runs every week, I'm not that bloody tight).I have a role (non-committee) at the local athletic club that involves cajoling athletes to run, transportation to races, race reports on website and Hampshire League Meetings so I don't get bored. Quiz machines are my only source of income. Yes my reserves are dwindling but as long as I live like a monk and continue to be frugal money worries? No not particularly. If the definition of a pro is main source of income without claiming benefits that's me, if it's actually making and accumulating money month on month then very definitely not!
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Sloach wrote:are there still enough machines around for you guys? I was in Leeds recently and I saw no more than 7 in the city centre including a shitty Open and the only quiz machine in any of the wetherspoons was jammed behind a table which was in constant use all day.If that's what Leeds is like I imagine it's pretty dismal elsewhere
Yeah Leeds used to be a goldmine centrally...not so much nowadays.

That said go north of the centre towards Headingley and you've got a good stretch of 6-7 pubs that all as it stands still have a machine.

Tend to find that in a lot of cities now...avoid the centres and head for the suburbs particularly where there's a good student area and you can at least amuse yourself for an hour with a paragon or two.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Sloach wrote:What you going to do once it ends?
Done plenty before quizzers, during and no doubt after. Doubt I'll be posting my future plans to a bunch of anonymous strangers on a messageboard...
Mind you, whatever happens, the notion of walking out of a pub with more money than you went in with has been an absolute fkin joy!
cool

Post by cool »

As I'm the one member who isn't anonymous Paragoon, easily located by Mr Google, you can tell me your future plans, I won't tell, honest!!!
Sloach

Post by Sloach »

SoccerHQ wrote:Yeah Leeds used to be a goldmine centrally...not so much nowadays.

That said go north of the centre towards Headingley and you've got a good stretch of 6-7 pubs that all as it stands still have a machine.

Tend to find that in a lot of cities now...avoid the centres and head for the suburbs particularly where there's a good student area and you can at least amuse yourself for an hour with a paragon or two.
Yeah I know the ones you mean. I've never been in but they looked promising whenever I've driven past. The Wetherspoons a mile or so out the centre has a gamesnet and there's at least one in the Kirkstall road cinema/ entertainment park. I know of 3 Paragons in the centre as well if you need locations I won't be back any time soon
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

Sloach wrote:Yeah I know the ones you mean. I've never been in but they looked promising whenever I've driven past. The Wetherspoons a mile or so out the centre has a gamesnet and there's at least one in the Kirkstall road cinema/ entertainment park. I know of 3 Paragons in the centre as well if you need locations I won't be back any time soon
Only if they have the demised Footy Quiz still on (Issue 32) so probably not!

Know most of Leeds apart from the Seacroft/Roundhay area which I've never frequented. Saville's backyard I believe....