What game would you bring back?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

What game would you bring back?

Post by paragoon »

I used to love that Lyrics game from about six year ago. For some bizarre reason I also enjoyed one called TV Times (I think) it was like a prototype of the NUTS game. They were both games I'd happily play regardless of how much cash I could win. Bit like Pointless now where I get a bit sucked in and just enjoy playing it. Seems odd that a lot of decent old games disappear to the games graveyard in the sky. They should have a 'retro' bit where they resurrect old games for a couple of months. Am I right in thinking BAM is pretty much disappearing from the latest updates?
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Christ on a bike! Where to start....

Original (10 move) monopoly

Original Cluedo

Fruit Machine quiz machine (one for the oldies)

Quizmaster

Sun and Moon

Forty Pound Prize WWTBAM.

**sigh**
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Where to start, indeed.

Fruit machine gets a thumbs up from me, despite its unpleasant defence mechanism.
Adders and Ladders, Skilltrek, Question of Sport.
Standalone Tetris.
£100 Millionaire.
Cluedo, Aladdin's Cave, Risk.
Word Blox.
YHW (original program, pre auto-remove).
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

I used to like ceasers palace the stacked tower one. I know you could empty CP2 but I used to play it before I knew. Was a good game.
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

I used to love the endgame on Every Second Counts, even before I started making money on it.
warburton

Post by warburton »

my fave was the one with the joystick - think it was called something like money maze
quizard

Post by quizard »

It was called Maze Master - The last effort from Coinmaster as I remember. They were still recycling questions that had been around since Quiz Master.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

quizard wrote:It was called Maze Master - The last effort from Coinmaster as I remember. They were still recycling questions that had been around since Quiz Master.
Great memory....Found one of them set up in the entrance to the caves at Cheddar Gorge! Which until I found a machine (GUAB) in the waiting room of a hospital in Lancashire was the strangest site I'd found.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

I've forgotten the names but the wordsearch game and the one where you had to find bits of jigsaw puzzles? The card game where you had to match up the pairs in the end game (presumably made redundant by camera phones) and an honourable mention for the £40.00 Trivial Pursuit
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Re quiz games, do you mean Masterpiece? End game card pairs - Concentration (also see its brother Total Recall).
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Pepsi Music quiz-my favourite game of all time with old doc where is he now fox. Top gameplay - q's, t or false and answer grid rounds and used to pay.
Stand and Deliver- for the amount of game you got for 50p
And of course original Word Up- amazing to think now but then I recall the tenner would be about 1200 points.

I still think there should be an archive like mame for these old games. Ive seen that a lot of old fruit machines are preserved but quiz games don't seem to get the same treatment.
pat624

Post by pat624 »

Every Second Counts was awesome !!!!
Sometimes its easier just to payout a claim instead of upsetting a customer.....we remember ya know!
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Some more from the archives....Suit Pursuit, pacman, 10 quid grid, Royle Family...
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

cp999 wrote:Re quiz games, do you mean Masterpiece? End game card pairs - Concentration (also see its brother Total Recall).
That's the one..
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Strike it rich, waa an itbox game.