Ant + Dec : Your experiences?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
thehut

Ant + Dec : Your experiences?

Post by thehut »

Had a £4 win off of a quid 2 days in a row now. A lot of the questions seem to be repeated, even in the same game.

Any of you guys play this? how do you tend to fair? Over a lunchtime me and a mate seem to break even - an hours gaming for no loss - or come away a couple of quid up.
tka

Post by tka »

If you mean the Saturday Night game I have never won much more than £2. You must be a genius or playing at the right time.
No wonder I drink!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

If you catch this one in a good mood (which is rare of course), it can actually pay out the Jackpot. When this happens you get lots of 200/250 points offered and it continues to offer more picks than questions e.g. 2 Questions 4 Picks. I've only got the £20 twice I think but that's twice more than on a lot of the newer games, and I do tend to give this one a go as it does offer a reasonable chance of a few quid.

One thing that has always puzzled me - what DO they say on the intro as the squares are being rearranged? - something about the 25 picks but the rest of it has always defeated me!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Played this last night for the first time... it's not actually too bad, despite having Ant and Dec in it.

First go, got up to £4, it was playing really well (loads of shots, few questions). However, I got greedy and lost.

Next game, got up to £2, but it was playing much tighter and I lost that too.

Next 4 games, never made it to a pound. It was offering stuff like 6 questions for 1 pick and then giving me 50 points.

I guess this game isn't progressive then!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The Saturday Night Takeaway game does only seem to offer one 'playable' go - lots of low question/high pick combinations and plenty of 200 point picks - every so often and isn't really worth playing other than on one of those occasions. I tend to play between one and four times in the hope that a good game will turn up - if none does you have wasted £2 but as it is a game where the higher prizes aren't as close to unattainable as makes no difference (like say Monopoly or Hex Appeal), I normally find it worthwhile to do that.

One other tip is don't automatically go for one of the 'All or Nothing' gambles - when the cash prize is in red - if you are doing quite well. There don't seem to be many of them but there is nothing more annoying than blowing £5+ on some random True or False question when you still have two Try Agains and a Pass left in the normal game!
russipswich

Post by russipswich »

If you clear the board so there are no more picks it will give you a points boost. i have had over 800 before.

When there is a red money value it will let you gambe on a double or quits question which is either true or false. The questions are very hard / impossible and it is sometimes best selecting the least obvious answer.
tka

Post by tka »

Welcome to Fruitchat Russ :)
No wonder I drink!
grecian

Post by grecian »

Have to say I've never come close to jackpotting Ant & Dec, but I can quite imagine it's possible if the machine's in the right mood. On the rare occasions I have been doing well, too often I've gone for the true/false gamble and got it wrong - Nil Satis' advice is bang on the money in this regard. Generally I think it's a good machine - good graphics and playability, reasonable chance of prizes, and fairly easy questions for a long while.
thehut

Post by thehut »

Agreed, continue to do well on it and love the categories - 80's, 90's, Back to School and TV are all bankers really, just seems to depend how tight it is being with the points. 5 picks nets 150 and 2 worthless bonuses...boo.

it's loosing game time to new cluedo now, had 3 jackpots from that in 3 weeks.
lukey89

Post by lukey89 »

This is one of my favourite games to play. When it's in a good mood you can often get £2-£4 out of this, and the questions do repeat fairly often. The back to school subject is almost always a good bet!
In a bad mood though and it can take almost 25 questions before your even sniffing at a pound.