"Think I'll pack it in and buy a

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
rogerthymes

"Think I'll pack it in and buy a

Post by rogerthymes »

quiz machine...."
So I go back to the machine with the all-new doctored version of Eliminator on it, all excited like. And wow! On my second go I get 'Neil Young Songs'! Brilliant, I think to myself. I own about 20 odd of his albums, mostly bought on CD, some of which I have on vinyl. I watched the odd documentary film about him here and there and read more than a couple of biogs on him. I could probably name off the top of my head the tracklisting for around five of his most lauded albums. Admittedly he's released a hell of a lot of stuff but - you know, I thought I'd be in with a chance. Of course I failed. Dismally. Got one. One song! This was at the level for a quid.
Made me laugh anyway.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Indeed. I got up to a £5 on this the other day and was delighted to see that the £10 Round was entitled "Human League Songs". 'Here we go' thought I, so you can imagine my dismay when the category turned out to be about the 1942 Swingbop Jazz Combo who were similarly named.....
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Also saw this re-boot for the first time today. Another who came undone on Neil Young, not to mention the Films of Chuck Norris. Good to see it back, though.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

rogerthymes wrote:quiz machine...."
I know what you mean. Was discussing this with my mate as machines so dire at min. We only clawed some dosh back with £6 off a pub quiz that QM had clearly not got round to yet...but it does beg the topic- what era machine would you get/what iteration of the itbox? Seen some strange hybrids on ebay where they appear to have up to date stuff (eg COM) mixed with some really old stuff- hex appeal? The missus would of course insist it had STD2D and Simon Says or whatever it was called on it. For me itd have to have HM, WS and at least one decent music game.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Give us a Break....
Oh, I'm so scared.