Topics the quiz setters are obsessed with:

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Prime numbers and anonymous Star Wars actors seem to crop up a lot.

The latter I don't think I've ever got right. Although I do seem to have an "idiot savant" type ability to pick out the prime numbers every time.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

The Frogger Hop Trivia game had an incredible amount of spoilers about apples...
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

stuart4010 wrote:Fruitchat usernames
Fruitchat in general I reckon. Keep getting that one on PMP 'Categories I wasn't allowed to put in' - 'Fruitchat loonies'. Not sure how joe punter is supposed to figure that one out if he's never heard of here
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Don't suppose it's anymore obscure than 'Dr. Who Planets' for the anoraks.

Gallifrey and Skaro are most normal people's limits.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
explayer

Post by explayer »

Having lost a few quid chasing a £10 cashpot on Monopoly tonight i forgot the worst of all - draft picks in American sport :shock: , who was picked first? :shock:
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

explayer wrote:Having lost a few quid chasing a £10 cashpot on Monopoly tonight i forgot the worst of all - draft picks in American sport :shock: , who was picked first? :shock:
Good call!!
Istenem

Re: Topics the quiz setters are obsessed with:

Post by Istenem »

paragoon wrote:I'll start with Gillingham FC and their managers.
obviously i never visit wikipedia for work and obviously i'm watching bbc4, but wankipedia's article of the day will have question writers befouling their earthenware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ed_article
nobody ever wins on those things.
paragoon

Re: Topics the quiz setters are obsessed with:

Post by paragoon »

Istenem wrote:
paragoon wrote:I'll start with Gillingham FC and their managers.
obviously i never visit wikipedia for work and obviously i'm watching bbc4, but wankipedia's article of the day will have question writers befouling their earthenware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... ed_article
I wonder if all the machines are empty around the Priestfield Stadium? If that Andy Hessenthaler has even the mildest interest in quizzing he could clean up.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

On the latest pub quiz/maniac whatever its called true or false game on gamesnet I see in amongst the punfest one of the teams you have to eliminate are the 'fruitchatters'. I'm sure they put this stuff in the games just so suckers like me mention them on here, so I hope I'm not letting them down.

I didn't eliminate them anyway :D
AnimalTankBeast

Post by AnimalTankBeast »

The wives of American presidents.
donttellhimpike

Post by donttellhimpike »

Aston Villa, Maimonedes and his mitzvot, people in the quiz world, tonnage of green coffee produced blah blah blah

Hey, on Give us a break 7 i believe it was film stars and their favourite cartoon characters......

Pike: Feeding for 25 years come May 3rd
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

donttellhimpike wrote:Aston Villa, Maimonedes and his mitzvot, people in the quiz world, tonnage of green coffee produced blah blah blah

Hey, on Give us a break 7 i believe it was film stars and their favourite cartoon characters......

Pike: Feeding for 25 years come May 3rd
There was a version of Adders and Ladders as well which was particularly full of the Winners of the 3.30 at Kempton on the 26th June 1985 etc...

Spoilers have been around from the start. It's just the question writers that change.....
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

QuizMaster wrote:There was a version of Adders and Ladders as well which was particularly full of the Winners of the 3.30 at Kempton on the 26th June 1985 etc...

Spoilers have been around from the start. It's just the question writers that change.....
We had a mate who wasn't very good at quizzing but was shite hot on horse racing so we used to drag him out the bookies for those machines. The performance improvement was instant. Surprising how much better you can do when you have someone who knows that a certain race was for three year old fillies and two of the options were stallions..
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Indeed. I used to get Sarah Jane Smith to help me on Pints when it got to the spoilers. Shame she passed away.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Quick dib on eliminator last night. Category- 'Criminal Offences'. Aside from the usual mysogynistic stuff' getting married' 'listening to the wife' etc one of my options was 'reading fruit chat'.

Mystified mate watches as I debate carefully before eliminating...