current top 10 on OPEN

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Nil Satis wrote:
whiteswan wrote:New games added to my Hotwire in past few days

OPEN THE BOX - BIRTHDAY EDITION
Had a look at this at the weekend. You are first asked to provide your date of birth (or any date of birth) for no discernible reason. The typical game then involves having 20-odd boxes to open via 8 or 9 True or False questions for one chance to 'win' around 80p - there usually being only one prize offered that is above the 50p stake.

The real reason for the game's title is presumably that they could only have decided to release this utter drivel as a special birthday treat for whoever designed it. :roll:
Things currently remind me of X Factor - highlight after highlight.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I posted my REAL birthday (back in the Middle Ages :wink: ) as I'm a trusting sort of chap and all that seems to happen is that it displays something vaguely insulting along the lines that 'You ought to know all the answers by now'. Of course the boffins at Fat Spanner Central are probably at this very moment cross-checking the birthdays of the three people stupid enough to play the flippin' thing against a database of 'known offenders'...

In the end it's just one of those terrible games that must have taken a group of people some time and effort to put together and all you can think of is WHY BOTHER?? Such games are sadly more and more becoming the norm rather than the exception.

P.S. The actual location for this was very much on YOUR patch, JG, but I can assure you that I left all the fruit machines in the area unblooped... :lol:
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Time for a new Top 10 !!

1 FindFivePictures
2 HotProperty
3 ClassicHangman
4 SpotUltimate
5 SpotUltimateLite
6 GtPretenderQuiz
7 OldFirmDerby
8 OpenTheBoxBE
9 PubQuizKnockout
10 FormulaWin

So Find Five 5 Pics takes the top spot !!

Dave
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Is Formula win a new game? It's on one of the many aincent looking machines near me, its quite good fun actually, even though the cabinet is nowhere near quick enough to run it sadly
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

whiteswan wrote:Time for a new Top 10 !!

1 FindFivePictures
2 HotProperty
3 ClassicHangman
4 SpotUltimate
5 SpotUltimateLite
6 GtPretenderQuiz
7 OldFirmDerby
8 OpenTheBoxBE
9 PubQuizKnockout
10 FormulaWin

So Find Five 5 Pics takes the top spot !!

Dave
Is there even one of those games apart fromHot Property that a half-serious player would even entertain?
Absolute crock..
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i changed the title of this thread. anyone looking in without a working knowledge of SWP would be utterly bemused at these top tens.

but saying that, i have no reason to doubt that Dave is a publican in oldham (?) who prefers his open terminal over the market leader.

it would be great if someone from coinslot could give us an actual top ten across the board. suffice it to say, none of these would be anywhere near the real top ten.
nobody ever wins on those things.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

They are "my" current top 10's on my terminal - thats been clear from the start - don't know why thread title needs changing?

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Couple of new games downloaded - Old Firm Derby and a game where you whack a seal/penguin andthe further it goes the more points the question is worth.

Most importantly the return of HOT PROPERTY - at last a decent licensed game - now give us MILLION POUND DROP Fat Spanner !!

Dave
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

whiteswan wrote:They are "my" current top 10's on my terminal - thats been clear from the start - don't know why thread title needs changing?

Dave
regular posters know, but browsing visitors to the site might not read p1 and the old title was open to misinterpretation. i don't like to abuse mod powers (although i'm always tempted to make a fake QM post about how much he loves word up). just trying to keep this place tidy and change the sort of words which might upset granny into coot and buzzard.
nobody ever wins on those things.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I do love Word Up.

Like I love a punch in the face
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
cool

Post by cool »

'whack a seal/penguin andthe further it goes the more points the question is worth'.

I do like to bang a penguin. Its hard to breach security at Marwell but after a hard session its well worth the effort!
cool

Post by cool »

On the Fat Spanner website itself they ask how far can you spank a penguin? So there are other Penguin lovers out there.Better watch out the RSPCA will be getting involved soon..........
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Any penguin bashers should watch "The Frozen Planet" and hang their heads in shame....
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I think they've finally chipped these now. :-(