morning advertiser / publican

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

I'd appreciate a look at this too please Cool.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

QuizMaster wrote:Excellent read with some very insightful comments. Steeping back and trying to be objective, I would say that the only thing that's a trifle biased about your article is that it only really addresses issues with quiz applications, which whilst I care for little else as a player, I would suggest Joe Public wants a little bit more variety than 8 quiz games on a box?
Seconded.

The bit about the £20.00 could put the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons.

I particularly liked the attempt to get the subject of pubs attitude to refunds an airing.

Good piece of work

Thanks!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Sorry to knacker your PM button, but would I be able to take a peek too please? 8)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

It's a very good article and hopefully it will get to see the light of day in the Morning Advertiser. It echoes a lot of my thoughts regarding the current state of play.

What strikes me more and more is that quiz games are now designed with the tiny minority of really top players in mind, whereas they used to be designed with Joe Public in mind.

The recent question updates across the GWHL titles are a case in point - they are just the laziest set of rubbish I have ever seen. If any of us were commissioned to write x,000 questions on Entertainment, Sport and so on, we could either:

(i) spend many hours crafting a varied and interesting set of questions with little or no repetition of detailed subject matter and with a proper sense of difficulty grading

or

(ii) write 100 questions on the placings in C4's List of Top Cartoons, 100 questions on Crufts' winners, 100 questions on the first names of American Idol contestants, ... and get the job done in 1/10th of the time.

If GWHL got stung on this one, then hopefully they have learned their lesson. If on the other hand they really did intentionally set out to do this, then there's no hope for any of us (or for them!). I tell you - if they got those questions for free, they were still ripped off... :roll:
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Apologies for the lateness of the hour, but could you possibly copy me in too, please?
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy