Open door on gamesnet

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Marcossvon

Open door on gamesnet

Post by Marcossvon »

Afternoon pint and quick punt today in the local. Nasty Noel gave a cob for 40 for a 25 raise...so moved onto the quizzer. Quid in, dond, prize round at 42000 and 45000 an lack of talent meant we didn't reach it. Hit start and then notice it says open door on screen...free credits. Had to go back to work, finally the question, will it still pay out if the door is open and what's the chances of it still being open when I finish in 2 hours?!!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

my monies on no payout.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Yep no payout.

Had a similar situation many many moons ago on a titbox. Thought I'd found a broken unit as when playing Cluedo the correct answers where highlighted in a different colour.
Built up about £60 in the bank but it wouldn't pay out due to open door.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Could you play like a complete divy so that the games are gagging to pay out, close the door, and play normaly to get easy wins?
Oh, I'm so scared.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

no ,it'll be in test and although it'll probably still accept your dough( if you put any in) you'll be adding diddly doo to the payout pot by playing test credits.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Bugger
Oh, I'm so scared.
cool

Post by cool »

I can remember getting into a major arguement and almost barred from a Harvester in Basingstoke because of a collector for this very reason.The collector would visit every other Thursday before the pub opened take the money out and then leave the door open.This happened many times until Id had enough and told the manager she was a thick twat who should be sacked if she hadnt the single brain cell needed to be a collector.It didnt go down well even though I thought long and hard about making a comment without upsetting the half-wit. If it happened once fair enough but despite being able to count she obviously couldnt read as in big letters on the screen it said CASH DOOR OPEN!

and no it will never payout with a cash door open presumably due to security concerns.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

fucking things piss me off..

had a gamesnet go into test MID-game.. apparently this is a common fault with the switches in the door failing... i won on a deal or no deal game it accepted coins and didnt state door open at the beginning of the game and afer the game it was.. malfunction voids game.. no payout and no record of the win.
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

Now for the result...

Played 10 games of dond in a row and deliberately got answers wrong. It didn't seem to affect the game in terms of "buzzingupness" (copywrite marcossvon 03/11/10)

Changed a tenner at the bar for coins I didn't need, I'm all about the alibi. Got bar lady to pick the box on cash round...she kindly won me a fiver! And then lo and behold it didn't pay out...but she got it out the till for me and switched machine off.

Ok, it was only a fiver, but it's all mine....wooooooo!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

that is theft; not cool.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

lol so barred.. and now a fire pub for both the quizzer and the fruity..
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Fire over a fiver.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

straight out theft though, so the barmaid will get a bollocking for paying out the "fake" £5 win, the boss will be on top of each machine that has the ability to pay out, and all customers will be in the wrong..

afterall the mechanic will explain EXACTLY what happened.
Marcossvon

Post by Marcossvon »

In answer to the "theft" posts. Firstly, I put a pound in to begin with before I noticed the door open thing. Was that not theft by the company who supplied the machine? In answer to the "fire pub" accusation....been in today, door closed, no mention of yesterday. I may start a new thread where I pose the question of rips/emptiers...are they theft or not? See you at the grand national, i'll see you on your high horses!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Marcossvon wrote:In answer to the "theft" posts. Firstly, I put a pound in to begin with before I noticed the door open thing. Was that not theft by the company who supplied the machine?
NS, would you be so kind..?

occasionally, if you beat a titbox for exactly what is in the hopper, you get your money out and an IOU message saying unable to pay £xx (even though you have collected whatever you won). under these circumstances, only a cretin would do anything other than explain to the publican why the machine is wrong. to claim a double prize without any justification is indefensible.

"saint Istenem" is a long way off but when i get a real IOU because of hardware error/empty hopper/incompetent engineers, i entreat the publican to give that money to his favourite charity. it might just mark people out as humans.

with all respect Marco, your behaviour was poor. for this i apologise.

now where is my halo?
nobody ever wins on those things.