Hex Maniac

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Cf

Post by Cf »

patobanton88 wrote:The software platform doesn't have any affect on which bonus\how much it pays out.
Different platforms do seem to have different versions of the game.

Eg, I've seen Appeal where the start button is on the right hand side of the menu, but also a version where it is in the centre.

Also, on Maniac the Open version is £1 play whereas other versions allow you to choose between 50p/£1.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

LOL @ JG, who likes Islands in the sun, wishes he could buy one! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
leamgem

Hex Maniac Cash Prize

Post by leamgem »

Cf wrote:The cash prize also seems to depend on which version of Appeal you're playing. I get it on itboxes quite regulary, but have never seen it on a paragon for example.

I've never seen a cash prize on Maniac.
Enjoyed my first cash prize on Hex Maniac a couple of weeks ago during a £1 game - an instant £2 appeared the credit box. This is the very first cash prize that's appeared for me on HM and I've been playing ot for around 4 months now!
Cf

Post by Cf »

Encountered the extra lives powerup the other day for the first time.

Also, are people aware of the mystery bug? Having completed a hexagon, if instead of moving to the next column (which contains a mystery) you move up the current column (with a greyed out advance), and complete that hexagon you get awarded the mystery from the next column even though you haven't moved across yet.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for the cash :(
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Question:

Am I the only one who is absolutely raping this at the moment?
Cf

Post by Cf »

fotherz wrote:Question:

Am I the only one who is absolutely raping this at the moment?
We always find that Hex is good for a few quid. We just win in our first couple of games and move on to something else.
Hexpert

Post by Hexpert »

Morning All

Since Hex Maniac arrived on the scene, we've had £76-worth of goes (mostly £1 but some 50p's too)

Total Payout for those goes was £181

Highest individual win to date was £10

As for the bottom corner bonus, you can stop it on the same colour twice and get 2 different bonuses

One thing that they haven't fixed with the new version is that Free Vowels STILL doesn't give you all the vowels in the answer
Cf

Post by Cf »

Hexpert wrote:Morning All
One thing that they haven't fixed with the new version is that Free Vowels STILL doesn't give you all the vowels in the answer
Yeah, I was never sure if this was intentional or not.

We often simply don't use the free vowels powerup, and keep is as an indication of whether there are any more vowels left or not.

I prefer the PMP system where it greys out all vowels once there are no more left :)
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Hexpert wrote:One thing that they haven't fixed with the new version is that Free Vowels STILL doesn't give you all the vowels in the answer
I don't really see that as a "fix". Do you expect Free Letters to give you all the letters?

Where do you play, Hexpert? I am having similar success in London. £6 and £4 from two quick games today. £7 more from Noel and it was a very cheap pint.
bigal4u

HEX MANIAC

Post by bigal4u »

Played the £1 game this week and could not believe it when all the cash amounts up to £30 came within the first 8 boxes, so took it all!!. :D
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Had a good one on boxers category the other day which you might want to watch for:-

- -i- -a- -

Who could it be?

yes the curse of the acute accent software defeater strikes again

f lix sav n

Must admit that overall Maniac appears to have fewer errors than appeal, but then that's not hard. Are there any other good uns that have turned up?
leamgem

Re: HEX MANIAC

Post by leamgem »

bigal4u wrote:Played the £1 game this week and could not believe it when all the cash amounts up to £30 came within the first 8 boxes, so took it all!!. :D
Are yooooooou serious??!!
danzo

Post by danzo »

ZAX wrote:Had a good one on boxers category the other day which you might want to watch for:-

- -i- -a- -

Who could it be?

yes the curse of the acute accent software defeater strikes again

f lix sav n

Must admit that overall Maniac appears to have fewer errors than appeal, but then that's not hard. Are there any other good uns that have turned up?
Not an error but anyone seen this:

SNOOKER PLAYER (7) ?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

yes, it is DRACULA, quite witty if a little unfair.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Hangmanfan

Post by Hangmanfan »

Brand Name: MOUNTIAN DEW

Not a typo by me.

Although Hex Maniac is the follow-up to Hex Appeal, I find Appeal on as many cabinets as Maniac. They mainly dot the takeaways in my city centre, and pleasingly so.

Ending a night with a few Appeals while waiting for a doner wrap is a guilty pleasure. :D