Paragon Nightmare !! NEVER DEAL WITH GAMES WAREHOUSE!

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Post by cool »

'The above is only my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion on Fruitchat or any other of its members' Dave

It reflects mine!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

whiteswan wrote:Now FatSpanner we need a new update to get rid of all the World Cup themed games that are on the screen on attract mode !

Dave
Some people are never happy. Get an itbox. Then you'll really have something to moan about.
Cf

Post by Cf »

My union just got 2 new opens delivered so we've been having a dabble.

The Monsters of Rock game seems quite good. On machine #1 we got to the prize round and both followed a £3 card each. We were offered £3.50 so thought result and took this, thinking it worked similar to monopoly. We then remembered it said to watch 2 cards. So we went on machine #2 and ended up with the exact same scenario, but this time we selected the two £3 cards for £6 :)

The rest of the games were really naff though. And a lot of them were so so so long winded.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Now FatSpanner we need a new update to get rid of all the World Cup themed games that are on the screen on attract mode !

Dave
this was kinda tongue in cheek comment..................not at all a serious complaint.................

Dave
PMK

Post by PMK »

A very quick deviation from topic.

Whiteswan- Whats the difference in weekly/monthly cash box takings from the quiz to the fruit machine?
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

PMK wrote:A very quick deviation from topic.

Whiteswan- Whats the difference in weekly/monthly cash box takings from the quiz to the fruit machine?
Are you being serious, have you ever played a quiz machine and a fruity, can you not see the difference?
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

The fruit machine takes more :lol:

Dave
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

whiteswan wrote:

Dave
Thanks for that Dave i am sure it is very informative for the rest of the posters who live on the moon haha
messiah

Post by messiah »

kingzilla wrote:
PMK wrote:A very quick deviation from topic.

Are you being serious, have you ever played a quiz machine and a fruity, can you not see the difference?
He asked what the difference was - can you quantify it? 10 times, 100 times?, 1000 times?

It's not a stupid question.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

It isn't really a silly question, as the ratios, you'd think, would be pretty similar.

AWP: £10 in, win £30

SWP: £1 in, win £3

Only a potential example scenario and I know the percentages are very different (AWP: 70%+ SWP: 30%ish), but...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

kingzilla wrote:
whiteswan wrote:

Dave
Thanks for that Dave i am sure it is very informative for the rest of the posters who live on the moon haha
He probably won't tell us because

1) It would p**s off his players by letting them know how much money he is taking off them.
2) The VAT man might be very interested
3) Cool might consider the site easy prey; and want to visit with his Tea Bag, or to get Tea Bagged.
Oh, I'm so scared.
JG

Post by JG »

I'd guess that the Quiz machine takes a gross of £60 per week profit.

The fruit machine takes a gross of £194 per week profit.

I bet that GWHL truck driver got into hot water.

Is any of this correct?
JG
PMK

Post by PMK »

kingzilla wrote:
whiteswan wrote:

Dave
Just got back from the moon.

Having never owned a pub, I was just trying to get a rough idea of the ratio between the two.

Just out of interest.

Sorry for venturing over to the quiz machine section, where it appears that some regular posters in this section are to far up their own bottoms!!

A few rough figures/ratios is all I was after.
kingzilla

Post by kingzilla »

Owch :o sorry dude i just thought it was obvious that when you play a fruity at a pound a go which only lasts a second for 1 play and then compare it to a pound game on a Quiz Machine that could play for 2-3 mins it wasnt to hard to see the difference the takings would be. really its no contest but saying that it still is a substantial profit for those game developers if there games are on thousands of machines.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Its not as straightforward as what people think.

I own the quiz machine so have no rent to pay etc - just the ongoing cost for the games dongle and vat on the takings.

The fruit machine I don't own and have to pay rental on that every week - along with license money and vat - and the brewery take 50% of the fruit machine money and I have to pay the vat on their share as well.

So indeed there are weeks that the quizzer takes more money but they are few and far between.

Some weeks the fruity will pay several jackpots out and after paying all the bits out I have even had minus weeks whereby I owed them money to come out of the next collection.

Its swings and roundabouts - there isnt an exact figure or percentage I could give you i'm afraid.

Dave