Paragon Nightmare !! NEVER DEAL WITH GAMES WAREHOUSE!

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
messiah

Post by messiah »

Dr Paragon wrote: I can assure you that the deal you made with us still stands, you have my personal assurance.
No improvement to the deal being offered in view of the ridiculous service?
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

No improvement to the deal being offered in view of the ridiculous service?
To be honest with you that would have been the road I would have gone down - at least to officially say "we have messed up and want to offer you x" - but no such thing.

I have in the last few minutes recieved a call from Games Warehouse apologising - and it is appreciated - albeit a bit too late.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

The OPEN comes back today !

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

.............and the nightmare goes on.................

Here's a message I sent GamesWarehouse last week

"Please return my OPEN machine - we re-open after the refit next Tuesday so Tuesday between 12 and 3 is fine - thankyou"

I have just recieved a telephone call from Games Warehouse stating that they can't get my OPEN back to me today - but its okay as I have their Paragon in the meantime.

NO ITS NOT OKAY..............Why did you not decide to tell me until 2 hours before the machine is due to come back so that I would not have had to pay staff to be at the premises to accept the machine ( we re-open at 4pm but I had asked a member of staff to come in at 12 to wait for the machine)...............

Its just not professional and not the way to run a comapny - perhaps GW are trying to be a bit awkward with me as I have rejected their machine........if thats the case then its a bit sad.

Massive thankyou to Fat Spanner for the offer of a loan machine whilst GW get their act together.

My personal opinion is that there is no communication between anybody at GW - this just goes from bad to worse and I only have 1 machine - how on earth do they hope to service multiple operators - are they going to tell them to wait a few weeks whilst they can get a repair carried out on faulty machines..............this certainly explains why I have seen many many Paragons switched off in pubs and clubs - if I was a multiple operator I would be looking to jump from the Games Warehouse ship just in case it sinks.

Dave
PMK

Post by PMK »

Just sack the quiz machine off and get another fruit machine in.

But be clear to the suppliers.

ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL OR NO DEAL MACHINES OF ANY description.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

My OPEN comes back today............or does it?

I will post at 3pm to let you know if Games Warehouse actually show up.

Dave
messiah

Post by messiah »

whiteswan wrote:My OPEN comes back today............or does it?

I will post at 3pm to let you know if Games Warehouse actually show up.

Dave
Presumably too busy playing on the OPEN to post?
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Its not due back until 3pm at the latest - mind you its now 1pm - so just 2 hours left....................I am sure they wont let me down again.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Its not turned up......

I did recieve a phone call from a gentlemen who said that my OPEN was at another warehouse/unit (?) with Paragon Software on it and then proceeded to tell me that it had been leant out to somebody as a loan machine !

The air turned blue................I have never known such incompetence from a company.

Games Warehouse have known for over a week that I want my machine back - I have waited for 8 hours on false promises and missed appointments.

Now its been arranged for Tues after 1pm...............lets hope they don't go bump before then.

Even if they turn out to be the only quiz machine manufacturer left in the world I would never ever touch their products again..........if you are a multiple operator please think twice before dealing with this terrible terrible company - they do not deserve to be in business at all.

Dave
q-time

Post by q-time »

Gripping stuff - glad I'm not a landlord though.

And how did the story end? I'm assuming something must have happened by now.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm sure he'll fill us all in tomorrow after 1pm.
Cobwebs 👆
q-time

Post by q-time »

Ah yes - I didn't read that bit.

Where is this pub then?

QT
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

oldham i think. but i couldn't possibly comment on the locals. that said, i'm pleased that Dave uses this site to put forward his publican's POV.
nobody ever wins on those things.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Hi

Yep we are in Sunny Oldham - today between 1 and 3pm is the alleged re-delivery of my OPEN machine.........

It was discussed in the last telephone call that I will be compensated for all the problems that I have had since I encountered Games Warehouse - I am assuming that details of such compensation will be arriving with the machine today along with a letter of apology..........

Roll on 3pm.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Well machine came back........the chap that dropped it off said he was not surprised I had problems with Games Warehouse whatever that is supposed to mean - he came in a Games Warehouse van so I suppose he works for them.

It appears to be working okay but not a chance to check it properly yet.

There were customers in the pub who proceeded to tell me that they were playing the Paragon TT on Sunday and it crashed twice on them before they could collect their winnings - I said they should have told me and I would have paid them but there response was " It happens a lot on those - were just glad the other ones back " - not really the way to entice customers to play their machines.

Also the wifi on the Paragon has never really worked - I told Games Warehouse this when they first delivered it but nothing was done despite a promise to look into it.

I am so glad that I found out what a shambles the company and their hardware are like before I parted with any cash.

Now FatSpanner we need a new update to get rid of all the World Cup themed games that are on the screen on attract mode !

The above is only my opinion and in no way reflects the opinion on Fruitchat or any other of its members.

I will let you know what Games Warehouse come up in the way of compensation for my wated time and effort...........

Dave