mark my words

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

mark my words

Post by Istenem »

seems to be on the paragon test estate.
fundamentally it is a silly little wordsearch game but again the production values are good. i suspect there are few clue/word combinations at the moment but if it makes general release (50p/£5: why wouldn't it perform?) it might be a diversion.
stylish in design and a dash of progressive sophistication in that it allows crossing answers and has deliberately wrong strings in the grid.
it is not going to make anyone's top ten but for a group of friends in a pub, it offers value.

the fount they have used, while admittedly a nice typeface, does take a bit of reading.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Always good to hear of new things coming from the Paragon area - will give it a look. :) I notice they haven't updated their twiter in a few months though...?
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Decent game... but the top prize of £5 suggests that it won't be much of an earner. :?
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Well I'll bite: it appears that when one wins the magnificent £5 jackpot on Mark My Words, one in fact wins £3. That being sorted out would be appreciated.
messiah

Post by messiah »

ggdr wrote:Well I'll bite: it appears that when one wins the magnificent £5 jackpot on Mark My Words, one in fact wins £3. That being sorted out would be appreciated.
Good work anyway!

Seems to always throw in at least one answer I've never heard of that takes up all the time. Always worth a play though, and definitely one of the better games of recent times.
Dr Paragon

Post by Dr Paragon »

ggdr wrote:Well I'll bite: it appears that when one wins the magnificent £5 jackpot on Mark My Words, one in fact wins £3. That being sorted out would be appreciated.
We are aware of the fault, and it will be fixed and downloaded as soon as possible...
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Bet not as fast as phrase that pays got updated
The Duke of betchington Betchrider

Post by Guest »

Apart from the font, the main problem is that they have just taken the bog standard question set from their other games and transferred it across

e.g.
Which of these isn't a bird:
A: Albatross
B: Pigeon
C: Denmark

Easy when the answers are in front of you, not so much when you are searching a grid without the multiple choice (surely anything you press is correct?)