Star Wars - A New Hope indeed!

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
j2k7311

Star Wars - A New Hope indeed!

Post by j2k7311 »

OK, played this Star Wars monopoly type game for first time today on an O.p.e.n at lunch... It is a premier game on main screen (£1 play). Put in £6, took £24 winnings.

Now for me, that is a miracle! Seems like pretty easy game; although one of the cash game boards seemed to screw me by mystically moving the £10 darth vader.

Any thoughts about this game? I quite liked it.
Dr Paragon

Post by Dr Paragon »

Monsters of Rock is exactly the same game... but 50p a go...
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

Ah right, can't say I am familiar with many of the games out there... I will have a look for that one; I guess it is on the paragons?

What I liked about this premium game was the size of the cash round prizes... think I won installments of £3, £5, £6 and finally a darth vader £10. (4 separate boards).

Not sure if it was just in the mood to pay? Rare occurrence that I win any money on the machine! :lol:
cool

Post by cool »

they are both not very good star wars better than monsters of rock...
like just about every other game now when it doesnt want you to win out come the blocking questions.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Contrasting experiences.

A pound in tonight led to a target miles away (5100 or something), gain 200 points, lose 100 points... followed by ridiculous questions when we reched 1000 points:

What was Arsenals total attendance in the 2009-2010 season - with the answers being something like 1234567, 123568, 123469 (actually seperated by 1).

Chances of anyone ever playing this game again when faced by questions like this so far from any chance of winning are negligible....
cool

Post by cool »

spot on.people that produce the software for these sorts of machines are twats.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Its basically robbery so they get what they deserve
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Dr Paragon

Post by Dr Paragon »

You won't find either Star Wars or Monsters of Rock on a paragon...
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

i played starwars and got that question, and guessed it first time.. lucky... but then given another question that i couldnt even understand what they were asking me? let alone read the answers fast enough to answer...
messiah

Post by messiah »

Spyder wrote:i played starwars and got that question, and guessed it first time.. lucky... but then given another question that i couldnt even understand what they were asking me? let alone read the answers fast enough to answer...
It was the highest one of the three options for me. I started at the lowest...
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

I had some crazy questions in the winning sessions though - including the football ground attendance spoiler! I must admit there were some atrocious questions cropping up. The money was won with targets in excess of 5000 points on three occasions; I have found that mastering the 'skill' rounds very quickly gives you up to 600 points which greatly reduces the remaining target.
messiah

Post by messiah »

[quote="j2k7311"]I had some crazy questions in the winning sessions though - including the football ground attendance spoiler! I must admit there were some atrocious questions cropping up. The money was won with targets in excess of 5000 points on three occasions]

Skill rounds? Didn't get to see them for my £1.
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

In the game I played, when you land on the green square depicting 'chewbacca' you enter into a skill round which usually entails visual memory tests such as following a sequence of arrows or matching pairs etc.

Did you see anything like that? They seem to be the key to the money.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

star wars is okay but monsters of rock seems to me a much better product. although they are the same game, MOR has some delightful indulgencies; not least the fingerprint which follows your press. better yet, it is not just one image file. whoever made it shipped in graphics for a number of different fingerprints. that is the kind of attention to production detail which i enjoy.
nobody ever wins on those things.
messiah

Post by messiah »

j2k7311 wrote:In the game I played, when you land on the green square depicting 'chewbacca' you enter into a skill round which usually entails visual memory tests such as following a sequence of arrows or matching pairs etc.

Did you see anything like that? They seem to be the key to the money.
Not a sausage.