premier league of darts

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

What grecian said... :wink:

I can declare the same interest in the sense that I visited GWHL with him, but I have never let that cloud my judgement of games and cabinets. The Paragons from about three or four years ago remain to this day the worst games selection I have ever seen but since then I think GWHL have really tried to put out better games. Not all have worked by any means (no pun intended) but at least the intention is there.

All of this has been against a background of the other manufacturers of cabinets and games content seemingly having given up. Whether they are all in various states of financial distress, or if it's simply that their quiz games are being developed by people who have never actually played a quiz game themselves, or a combination of the two, I'm not sure, but the recent and current offerings of the other major players in the market have become increasingly pathetic, culminating in the current Ind:e release which runs that old Paragon line-up very close indeed as the worst ever.

I certainly would never have started playing quiz machines all those years ago if the games were as they are now in most cases, and I suspect the business in general would have withered on the vine very quickly anyway.
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

new update doesnt have to offer continue, and if it does, it only offers it once.
very hard to leave it not prizing... or make much at all
i hate swede
darren

Post by darren »

Dr Paragon wrote:Correct David Healy... that would make the game illegal.
It will never throw a nine-darter when you throw second.
I'll take your word on this and look out for it in the future :)

I have had some stinking beats though, like 'the matador' 9 darting me in the final round between £10 and £20 when he rarely even acheives 140 let alone 180 :lol:

Paragons are the only quiz I have any real interest in at the moment, but the bullseye dual player and just darts are a bit questionable, you know the way when its only seemingly ready for £1 on just darts it doesnt even light up the other amounts as it flashes around at a silly speed.

The gamble will probably need a bit of reworking too. 2 darts on that speed for 101 is almost imposible especially when it costs you £1 and your prize to find out :roll:
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

There is a very lucrative problem wi these pieces of shhiiiteee!!!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
PMK

Post by PMK »

Why do they run this(PLOD) on older quiz machines which clearly dont seem to have the processing power to make it run smoothly.

Near impossible to beat with the jumpy darts and long pauses.

Dont they test it first???!!!!!!

Secondly, I played my first upgraded game yesterday, a bit naughty I think.
sharky007

Post by sharky007 »

know exactly what you mean pure filth!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Dare I ask what the 'tweak' has done? :?
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No continue option anymore. Got to win the whole thing in 1 go.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
PMK

Post by PMK »

Nothing horrific, I just gave one a couple of quid in a pub where I went to pick some one up.

Mainly, the speed of the darts(Not when it flies around the board) but when you actually aim for the treb/doub etc now can vary on each throw of a single dart, where as before it was the same for all 3 darts, so its quite happy to give you a 'slow' 1st dart but then rifle the speed up if ur near checking out.

I seemed to get a few more bounce outs than usual, one or two seemed dubious to say the least, but it may have been me.

I think Dan mentioned elsewhere about the continue, now not being awarded later on in the game, where as before you were guaranteed one per round.

Thats about it, but I didn't really play long enough to say more, perhaps the players skill level is a bit better now aswell.

Perhaps Dr Paragon can enlighten us with the full details.......
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Cheers for the detail.
I seemed to get a few more bounce outs than usual, one or two seemed dubious to say the least, but it may have been me.
I noticed this too, specifically my second or third dart hitting one I'd already played. Just need to space them out a bit better within the treble sector. :)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

Dont bother with the Gamesnet version of these they are horrible like PMK says the unit cant handle the game.
cool

Post by cool »

I recently contacted Gamestec and told them their units were hopeless and run very slowly.They told me they were unaware of this.This company really has their finger on the pulse of swp's and their hands round the throat of progress and innovation.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Without doubt THE worse suppliers I have ever known. There maybe more shady low %age cowboys out there, but considering gamestec are one of the big boys in this industry their customer service and maitenence and support is disgraceful.

I'm speaking on behalf of the awp side of things I'm sure the swp side is no different.

Sort it out fuckwit-tec.

What happened to them going bust anyway?
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

Does the upgrade still offer £2 jackpot ?

anyone ive seen lately is and has been stuck on the £2.

Waste of £1 just to see it offer the £2.
tommya

Post by tommya »

thats cos they are dead. Prob why they have updated them won a couple of tenners of them but deffo alot harder without the continue and if u get phill taylor well you aint getting no further unless hes first