fantasy football quiz

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Nil Satis wrote:I saw an INCA score of 108 last night.
Can I claim a silver spotter's badge? This score, which I reported last July, was also seen in Bracknell, although not at the Wetherspoons, which is a very odd place with lots of little rooms tucked away. It also has the lowest doorway I've ever seen in a pub. Jack Dempsey's words "Honey, I forgot to duck" (later borrowed by Ronald Reagan) came back to haunt me there once and I can't even claim as an excuse that I had been drinking! :o ops:
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

As a PS, what is happening with Wetherspoons re the Paragons and ItBoxes? I have found lots of examples where there used to be two ItBoxes but instead of replacing both of them with Paragons they now have one of each. As Paragons finally have one or two things worth playing, albeit with the disastrous decision to remove Millionaire, this isn't so bad but it does seem odd.
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

Istenem wrote: that is the 147 of SWP.
In keeping with the 147 of SWP theme, is anyone willing to claim a 180 on any version of Bullseye (or a 170 checkout)?

I realise that it wouldn't be that difficult, but it just occurred to me that I've never actually tried.
DildoDez

Post by DildoDez »

Not a 170, no - as it would require a bit of setting up.

Quite routinely bang out 151's, however. Like you say not too difficult.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

As 151 is probably the most common out-shot on Bully, do you usually go with the game's suggestion of treble 17s? I seem to miss that too often... :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

ive had first shot on a game go to dart board, done a 9 darter! Happy days!
Unbelievable Jeff
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

CrosbyRules wrote:ive had first shot on a game go to dart board, done a 9 darter! Happy days!

Very Good if the target score was 501. Not quite as grand if yoy need to get 201 :wink:
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

cool wrote:for inca 114 Ill refer u to wetherspoons bracknell
As this thread has been revived I can report that the perfect score is no longer there to be photographed for posterity, at least not in the location mentioned. If my memory serves the ItBox there has had the scoreboard reset in an odd way that I've seen in a few places, namely that a standard list of scores has replaced whatever was there previously - a bit like the 'LUGGAGE, SUPATEE, EDSTER, ...' default list from Word Up but with more realistic scores.
dmac

Post by dmac »

xyz
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

dmac wrote:perhaps he has upgraded his INDE and now has an OPEN in his bathroom

Ah...................
David Healy

Post by David Healy »

David Healy wrote:
Istenem wrote: that is the 147 of SWP.
In keeping with the 147 of SWP theme, is anyone willing to claim a 180 on any version of Bullseye (or a 170 checkout)?

I realise that it wouldn't be that difficult, but it just occurred to me that I've never actually tried.

May I be the first to report a 180 on Bullseye?

Sadly I cannot report any graphics or sounds (although I did have the volume turned down).
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

good play DH.

here is an example of great skill let down by idiocy:

(just the first 30 seconds) and i like the way jim bowen is so unfazed by it all. a bit of class in that reaction.
(it has been disabled because some berk is on school holidays but click this for an old school bullseye clip of a good darts player with pondlife for a mate.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnghavvhExE
nobody ever wins on those things.
grecian

Post by grecian »

A new name on a few London FFQ scoreboards I've noted recently - "LP", who often plays as Wigan but also as other teams. Scores not in INCA league, but he seems capable of registering scores in the 95-96 region. Anyone know who this is?
Hangman21

Post by Hangman21 »

I witnessed someone getting the jackpot on this the other day in central London. I was pretty impressed since the best i have managed on this is 73 points and I didnt even get a pound for my troubles.

He then went on to get a couple of fivers out of a couple of different games.

He must have had easily two hundred pound coins in his pockets.