phenomenal brainpower

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

civ77, are YOU the 'CIV' that appears all over Word Soup boards in (roughly) the Birmingham area? Always wondered if that was someone on here.
civ77

Post by civ77 »

Nil Satis wrote:civ77, are YOU the 'CIV' that appears all over Word Soup boards in (roughly) the Birmingham area? Always wondered if that was someone on here.
One and the same.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you need to revisit yates in cheltenham sometime to reclaim the top spot on that one. :wink:
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

I want to know if Rachel has been getting extra help piped into her lughole.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

civ77 wrote:...the conundrum...neither of us solved it.
Noobilicious.

I wouldn't have got GUERDON, but UNDERGO is surely much more likely to be allowed.
civ77

Post by civ77 »

mr lugsy wrote:you need to revisit yates in cheltenham sometime to reclaim the top spot on that one. :wink:
100 mile+ round trip tonight to take up your challenge and the fucker was turned off!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

lol,i went in there tuesday lunchtime and waited at the bar ten minutes without even checking the machine.the lights were on but the screen was off,it's been playing up a bit lately ,the middle section of the screen towards the right hand side keeps selecting letters a couple of inches further left.this can tend to prime my detonator after a while.

Btw the highest word and longest are down the table now but your highest points is still hanging on .

Hundred mile round trip to find it off ,chortle.
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

I would have tried plugging it in, myself.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Lugs: There's a Virtue (Paragon) near me that suffers from this screen-calibration conundrum :lol: - the further you move to the left, the further 'off-target' the letter is that you select. :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

hopefully that's the reason this one was off and it will get fixed.
it was'nt always playing up but on a plus side this problem has probably kept the uni boffins away from the machine judging by the score required to get through the pound barrier on it usually.
hatton02

Post by hatton02 »

fotherz wrote:

I wouldn't have got GUERDON, but UNDERGO is surely much more likely to be allowed.
Both are as likely to be allowed as each other as both are in the dictionary, 100%.

Ryan Taylor, the champ, practises online which has the Countdown dictionary in. Learning GUERDON is useful as GUERDONS is valid and is the only Countdown-valid anagram of those 8 letters.