B*llocks

Roulette, Poker, Blackjack. Discuss your methods / experiences here.
rocket

Post by rocket »

theoak wrote:I agree about the blackjack. If I could be arsed I would do a few stats test on it and show how statistically unlikely the results I have had on the are. as you say, even when you get a 20, you often see 'them' getting 10,2,2,1,SIX! if, like me you suspect quite strongly that it is rigged, avoid temptation and just DONT PLAY THE BLACKJACK!! I think the roulette legally HAS to be random?

Whther that is adhered to and whether the other games do or dont have to be 'random' I dont know myself...
Glad I'm not the only one thats noticed that with Blackjack then.

Anyway the good news is I came off the online gambling and haven't played for months. I lost shitloads - I'm talking hundreds, if not getting onto a grand over the course of a couple of months the back end of last year - I'm at college getting only £30 a week ema money with the odd 20 / 30 quid from my part time job (doesnt provide regular hours).

I was definitely fully addicted at one point and it was seriously fucking my life up. Glad to say I'm fine with it now - had all my accounts locked, or where that couldnt be done I went as far as changing the passwords (putting in random letters with my eyes closed) and then changing the email addresses to a made up address so that I could never reset them. Sounds drastic but hey, it worked!

I'm ok with money - it just annoys me how stupid I was. I could have spent the money on so many other things - I'd have had more at christmas to buy people something really nice, particularly my mum whose been really supportive this year. I could hav bought the new drumkit that I want. And it messed my head up that much I pissed off a lot of friends with mood swings and acting like a tosser.
theoak

Post by theoak »

rocket wrote:
theoak wrote:I agree about the blackjack. If I could be arsed I would do a few stats test on it and show how statistically unlikely the results I have had on the are. as you say, even when you get a 20, you often see 'them' getting 10,2,2,1,SIX! if, like me you suspect quite strongly that it is rigged, avoid temptation and just DONT PLAY THE BLACKJACK!! I think the roulette legally HAS to be random?

Whther that is adhered to and whether the other games do or dont have to be 'random' I dont know myself...
Glad I'm not the only one thats noticed that with Blackjack then.

Anyway the good news is I came off the online gambling and haven't played for months. I lost shitloads - I'm talking hundreds, if not getting onto a grand over the course of a couple of months the back end of last year - I'm at college getting only £30 a week ema money with the odd 20 / 30 quid from my part time job (doesnt provide regular hours).

I was definitely fully addicted at one point and it was seriously fucking my life up. Glad to say I'm fine with it now - had all my accounts locked, or where that couldnt be done I went as far as changing the passwords (putting in random letters with my eyes closed) and then changing the email addresses to a made up address so that I could never reset them. Sounds drastic but hey, it worked!

I'm ok with money - it just annoys me how stupid I was. I could have spent the money on so many other things - I'd have had more at christmas to buy people something really nice, particularly my mum whose been really supportive this year. I could hav bought the new drumkit that I want. And it messed my head up that much I pissed off a lot of friends with mood swings and acting like a tosser.
Congrats on this! VERY pleased for you, as I too know how shit it can be. Prompting me to take similar action.

What I'm suprised at is people like Red and Barcrest missing a trick and not having their fruits available online. Glad they don't though.
rocket

Post by rocket »

Cheers mate. I remember reading that post of yours and admiring you for being able to do it. I'd really struggle to give up fruit machines - and I don't particularly want to. What I do need to learn is discipline - I want to be able to put two or three quid in a machine, hopefully get a board and maybe take a fiver out which will have earnt me a pint. If I lose or I don't get a board then walk away - dont start chasing the thing!

I agree about putting their machines online. They would have to play entirely different though - they would be being played by thousands of people at a time so couldnt have the progressiveness and streaks that 'real' machines do.
theoak

Post by theoak »

See for me, I tried to convince myself about 'just needing discipline'. I'm a good player, and I could easily make a consistant profit of £10 a day (not much- but I work full time anyway!) and i know if I could stop when I was up a bit, all would be cool.

Truth is I think that kind of discipline is HARDER than just stopping all together. always "Maybe the next board will do this, cos it did 17 thousand years ago, once." Ive tried once or twice to have discipline, and I've found what has fucked me up, is not actually the LOSING, its the winning.. If I made £80 one day, I won't discipline myself the next and over a day or two I'll stick it all back in and then more chasing lost money. I've come to realise from my experience that its the people who win the £500 that are worse off; THEY will be the ones sticking £1000 back through the s16s trying to duplicate their success, not the ones who lost £20 three times then gave up on them.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I know all about being addicted, as a youngster 14/15 i have put my birthday money, savings account, money from babysitting and even stole money to play fruit machines. growing up in a pub did'nt help. as oak said its always what if the next pound gives me jackpot or if i can turn this £10 into £20 i'll stop, rarely happened for me and if it did i would still carry on :roll:

these days i've got it under control, i rarely play things i don't know how to play and can spend all nite in my local without being tempted. gambling is an illness and lucky for me i grew out of it, some aint so lucky.
Cobwebs 👆
Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

how many times have u found the
2nd pound 2 drop over the back
on a fruity cos the person playing
it has saved his £1 bus fare home? :(
Just a thought.....
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
Scott

Post by Scott »

Always save your BFH as jim bowen would say. :P
Cobwebs 👆
Monster1910

Post by Monster1910 »

mjd wrote:I saw someone playing Global Draw Roulette the other day, he had about all the numbers covered bar 2 of them. Guess what landed in!! a blank... yeah, really random that is! the odds of some of these happening is off the scale, but GD Roulette comes up trumps more often than not!
I had all the numbers bar five of them covered for three spins in a row and lost fifty quid.

They're not randon - no way :x
merlin

Post by merlin »

If i get to £30 odd from a tenner i cash it in, Roulette is a game where you absolutely have to cash out as often as possible.

They are random, but in the short term they will NOT always appear random.

I'll say that again: in the short term they may not appear random, but over 10,000 or 100,000 or even 1 million spins all the numbers will average down so they all show up with the same frequency.

You'll run out of money before you can be sure the numbers will average down, if the table limit was infinite and your money was infinite you should be able to win eventually although you may need infinite time aswell.
merlin

Post by merlin »

mjd wrote:I saw someone playing Global Draw Roulette the other day, he had about all the numbers covered bar 2 of them. Guess what landed in!! a blank... yeah, really random that is! the odds of some of these happening is off the scale, but GD Roulette comes up trumps more often than not!
Well there is 36 numbers, the odds of two numbers not covered coming in is 1 in 18 whoooo! must be fixed :roll:

So if you covered two numbers with £1 and won £18 would you go "oh must be fixed they obviously wanted me to win!" the odds are the same
1 in 18.
Hardly "off the scale!!".
orinoko

Post by orinoko »

Interesting thread.

Is it just me thinking that online games and bookies fobt's really kick you in the balls at times too? I mean quite a few times I’ve noticed that with your last bet before your cleaned out roulette will come up with a zero and blackjack will equally take the piss by getting 21 when you have 20 or even pontoon when you have 21 as happened to me recently!

I’m wondering if the designers of these machines studied psychology or something. I kept on thinking 'how can this be??!!' - but still came back for more - its an addiction allright :-(

I'm laughing at myself now - not sure if that is a good sign :-)
ob

Post by ob »

merlin wrote:
Well there is 36 numbers, the odds of two numbers not covered coming in is 1 in 18 whoooo! must be fixed :roll:

So if you covered two numbers with £1 and won £18 would you go "oh must be fixed they obviously wanted me to win!" the odds are the same
1 in 18.
Hardly "off the scale!!".
Yes this is exactly the point, people moan when the 1/2 numbers they dont cover come up, but then I have had it come up many times just betting on 1/2 ( 9/28 btw ) numbers... just the luck of the draw! It certainly doesnt come up all the time on GD roulette!!!
mjd

Post by mjd »

Maybe, Maybe..
possibly....
I dont know.. Im staying off them! :lol:
boom
itsme

Post by itsme »

37 numbers with zero merlin
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite