FOBT, Fixed or Not

Roulette, Poker, Blackjack. Discuss your methods / experiences here.
AMK

Post by AMK »

ob wrote:The funniest thing was those old Kameleon roulette things in social clubs, they wrongly paid out 6/1 on the column of 6 bets instead of 5/1. Just bet on the them all and make every spin....

After a while it would get super pissed off, and on "REQUESTING RANDOM NUMBER" it would come in 37!

100% honest to god, would put a picture up but was on me old phone! And no they don't exist anymore!
I bet they didn't last long lol.
tempo123

Post by tempo123 »

Having played these machines now for well over 10 years and lost probably in excess of £250,000 I can report the following. The statement that the machines are "random" is a play on words....if we take roulette as an example the machine does not claim the it is random numbers from 0 to 36 but just "random". Therefore it could be a random number from 1 to 6 or 23 to 36 or even number 1 or 2....it makes no difference as what numbers you are backing as the computer will have worked out its exposure the milli second you place the bet. The computer uses various sets of algorithms to determine its financial position at any point in time. They are so sophisticated that they can actually recognise individual play patterns with regular players especially those that keep with the same numbers.......I would always recommend changing your favourite numbers on a regular basis and never play the same set of numbers more than 3 times. To prove this point I recently changed my numbers (I only play a maximum of 7) to 19,15,32,0,26,3 and 35......most will know that these numbers surround 0........the first 3 times at different locations on the same day playing £1 per number I managed to accumulate an £800 profit. The next day playing the same numbers I reduced my stake to 20p per number.......theoretically playing 7 numbers you should win 2 in 11 spins.....I actually won 1 in 22 spins over the period of 3 hours and on one particular bad run I went 82 spins without a win . Bad luck you might say? Well I have since tried the same numbers on several occasions (local betting offices)without ever making a profit......the number 3 did not appear in 387 spins and number 35 did not appear in 267 spins...that is some going and proves just what lengths these machines will go to grabbing your money. Trying to keep my edge I have changed my 7 numbers repeatedly and the same pattern occurs every time...an initial win (ensuring you always take your profit out when you have trebled your stake) then a period of total loss to the point that you are convinced that the numbers don't actually exist. It never changes...never! Another point is this and please take note...these machines do not recognise geography (they do not spread out the winnings throughout GB) I know from a previous employee of global draw who was on secondment that pay-outs in the region of 50% go directly to the Greater London area.....having said that I suspect that given the wealth of that part of the country in terms of staking this figure could well be an accurate pro-rata. So just remember when you put your £20 in the machine that it is likely that the money will be paid out in London rather than Leeds or Swansea! The bookies in some parts of London actually carry £3000 floats because of this compared to floats of £1000 in lets say Aberdeen...fact! I once witnessed a punter in the City who won £2000 very quickly and realised that the whole of the country needed to take £188,000 in stakes to pay that amount out in winnings.

Go carefully......
BFK

Post by BFK »

Classic post.
JG

Post by JG »

Quick tip: always bet on the number 33 in the fourth ascension of a post apocalyptic waning moon whilst standing under the River Thames by Battersea Bridge.

That said, the bookies in London carry higher floats to keep armed robbers in gainful employment, no wait, they carry higher floats because OB lives in London and they have to be prepared in the event of an OB luck out. That said, maybe being the capital city there is more cash staked, so they need a higher float to get going? It's coral policy not to open the faultys until after 7pm.
JG
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

It's amazing that even after losing a couple of houses you still wanna persist with playing these games. The initial accuracy of your observations quickly deteriorates into bitterness and rancour, and your logic is flawed i'm afraid. When i have a little more time i'll try and put together some web apps that can best explain how "random numbers", win tables and the maximum stake combine to make these games seem so bad!
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Amazed
tempo123

Post by tempo123 »

comments noted......yes I have certainly won my spurs so to speak in terms of losses. The days of losing a grand a week are long gone but I am afraid they do still have a hold on me more from intrigue than anything else. and the competitive instinct does not help....however in an attempt to prove to my MP that the machines are flawed and fraudulent I now keep a record of all bets including loading my stake at the counter via a debit card ......only to prove my purchase as at some point in the future when the CEO of the major bookmakers claim that they did not know the machines were corrupt and you can get your money back only if you can prove that you actually put the money in.....
tempo123

Post by tempo123 »

as for "bitterness and rancour" I presume you must have been having a lunchtime drink? not the case but an interesting interpretation of content nonetheless
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

tempo you are the man! everything in your initial post will, in time, be confirmed!

Stubble, what are you talking about, 2 houses lost? he has receipts and will be getting that back, along with interest and, quite possibly considerable compensation.
Going skint....
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

"the number 3 did not appear in 387 spins and number 35 did not appear in 267 spins...that is some going and proves just what lengths these machines will go to grabbing your money. Trying to keep my edge I have changed my 7 numbers repeatedly and the same pattern occurs every time...an initial win (ensuring you always take your profit out when you have trebled your stake)"

be careful tempo mate. whilst the first sentence does confirm they are rigged and your right to compensation (if only you had filmed it!), your second sentence gives away the air of a seasoned profession gambler, which could go against you.
Going skint....
JG

Post by JG »

Bubbles your posts get better and better. Keep up the good work!
JG
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

liverpool24 wrote:Id always say it is but not 100 sure. The roullette on tv channels however is fixed, 100%, is that common knowledge ??, I recorded a spin with sky plus were the ball is sitting in a number the wheel has all but stopped and it is literally pulled to a number three away, its hilarious. Quite clearly the wheel is magnetised.
games
Going skint....
Roll_With_It_Russ

Had the pleasure of speaking to a shop worker who reckoned they could tell at the end of the day which machine was most likely to be won on....

thats pretty much as far as the conversation went.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Roll_With_It_Russ wrote:Had the pleasure of speaking to a shop worker who reckoned they could tell at the end of the day which machine was most likely to be won on....

thats pretty much as far as the conversation went.
Not sure it's that simple. I often go on a few machines to find one that looks 'in the mood'. This seems to work-ish. But there also seems a point where it gets sick of playing nice and then won't give you a penny.
Roll_With_It_Russ

I was not entertaining his speak.

There is one good thing still going...