More info on £70ers

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Matt Vinyl

More info on £70ers

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Morning all.

Was chatting with a Landlord yesterday - one who actually comes over and watches me playing and tries to offer advice! :shock: :lol: Anyway, he showed me some information relating to the new £70ers. It appears that they ALL will be 25p/50p/£1 play, whereby only £1 play will entitle you to 'the maximum win'?!

Also, next to each stake option, the % will be displayed for that stake. I think it was 72%ish for 25p, 76%ish for 50p and 80% for £1. (I had downed a few beforehand, so memory is slightly blurred!) It wasn't clear whether these were adjustable or not.

Interesting though...

On a good note, bought a P5 flash board off of a fella, for £15 that did a £105. :shock: :shock: :shock: He was about to collect £4! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

we've got 70 pound updates awaiting dispatch for 30p stake ,but i add they are for lowtechs.30p seems the best stake where we are ,they were tried on 50p initially but the munters did'nt like them as much.

it's quite reasonable that the percentages will be different on multistakes it's nothing new afterall.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

It'll be a welcome addition with the actual %'s on show so that we know where we are, Can only be a good thing if £1 stake gives better %.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Alpine021

Post by Alpine021 »

Yeah but how quickly is £1 a spin going to "go".

I mean 10 spins per tenner. I'm interested but still really can't see it.

Exactly how were these trialled? in pubs? and they went down well?

From what u said Matt the average punter will just play on his normal low stake / 50p and just take wins. So will it ever be there for a £70?

That sounds like the only people losing out is us?
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

seriously Matt...you are the spawniest man I have EVER met/spoke to/known.
Unbelievable Jeff
Nixxy

Re: More info on £70ers

Post by Nixxy »

Matt Vinyl wrote:.. It appears that they ALL will be 25p/50p/£1 play, whereby only £1 play will entitle you to 'the maximum win'?!
I don't see how this can be - as the £70 Indy I played at the ATEI back in January had a fixed prize card up the cash stack - with no variations dependent on stake. The £35 was second from the top of the cash stack with the Red Gaming symbols paying £50 - followed by the top feature where the £70 was hiding.

It definitely didn't have the decals for a reduced stake/reduced jackpot type thingybob. Alien, on the other hand, most certainly was ready for 3 stakes with changeable prizes.

But I guess it's been a long time since January, they may have come up with something new since then.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

seriously Matt...you are the spawniest man I have EVER met/spoke to/known.
Heh, it was comical - how rare is a flash on a P5? Couldn 't see it reduced to £4 collected! ;)
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

How did the guy you bought it off take it?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

To be fair - I felt rotten about it afterwards - but he kept saying 'I wouldn't have known how to get that' etc. So, I hope I did him justice! I did buy him a Guiness as well, just to make sure there were no hard feelings. I'm not a man who can sleep on an uneasy concience... ;)
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Does anyone know the actual date when these are going to be legal and we might start seeing them in pubs?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

1st of June is when all AMLD changes take effect so basically after this weekend, heard there might be some weird brussels rule meaning a 12 week wait from a certain date but pretty certain they'll be out in the next few weeks.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

9th June I heard, one thing I'm worried about is the longevity of the higher percentage on the higher stake - we all know that +6% didn't last too long...or in some SE based companies, ever!
Bored of the grind.
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

sir ratholer wrote:9th June I heard, one thing I'm worried about is the longevity of the higher percentage on the higher stake - we all know that +6% didn't last too long...or in some SE based companies, ever!
Was wondering the same!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

It'll last indefinitely, as long as the machines take more money in the process. Although there is, of course, the chance of someone somewhere thinking....

"Right, these new £70 machines are taking 20% more, even at 90%! Brilliant. Now, if i MAKE the manufacturers allow me to turn them down to 70%, i'll make 60% more!!"

Of course, we all know thats a false economy... player has good experience, player comes back again and again and keeps playing. So 90% is GOOD for cash boxes long term.

Player has bad experience, player lost forever.

Operator ignores this, however, and thinks - hmmm, 70% isn't taking as much as it used to 3 months ago. The takes have dropped. Picks up phone ... "Hello, Mr Bacrest? Could you do a version with 60% please...."

And so forth...

If only i could put money on this happening....
JG

Post by JG »

12th of June is the exact big date now I think isn't it?