£70 jp ( has the casual punter got any hope )

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
red22

£70 jp ( has the casual punter got any hope )

Post by red22 »

think about it.... red games the casual punter collects £3 wins etc and very very rarely get a jp because its nigh on impossible without obtaining 3 horse shoes or the equivalent without some kind of knowledge.

what im asking is and i know its been covered b4 but its getting closer.

are they gonna be good or bad ?

good points could be .... more attraction to the £70 jp so there will be more casual punt

or people get sick of £30 boards and never play them ever again.

which way will it go ? me personally im trying to think what i would think if i was a casual punter and i honestly cant think.. maybe if i put a pound in and got a decent win i would be hooked....

2nd question is ... whats gonna be your float when they get released? gotta go out with a bag of sand surely ?
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Yeah tricky one this, i think there is simply just too many addicts out there for them not to get played, look in bookies for example there's always someone on them without a doubt.

Athough if i was your average punter and i had just wacked a score in a red to see one board and not even be able to nudge in a win i doubt i would be playing it again in a hurry!

Just goin to have to wait and see and hope for the best!!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i think barcrest have stated that their initial output of 70 pounders will have a dual stake/prize option.

only way i can see some people getting a jacky out of the more complex games is via a flukey gatw board.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Either that or £600 worth of brute force.
Cobwebs 👆
harry2

Post by harry2 »

How about Mr Average having extra life and one away from the mythical £70. Hi lo on a ten. Mr Average thinks "Its 9/2 on here" and gets the "unlucky 11". Extra life. Lower.12. That's going to put off all casual punters. The programmers need to come up with a"fairer" game and something that will appeal to the methodical player who has the advantage over the average player. If not, the industry is almost certain to fad and die. There has been nothing innovative in the last few years.
Roulette free since December 2011.
led

Post by led »

Harry 2 that has been my whole problem with fruits during the last 2 years. There has been no imagination in game play.

It's clone after clone or a franchise done to death.

A £70 jackpot wont do it for me. I need the casual punters to put money into a machine so there is at least some value for me or a possible force. At a £1 a play thats not going to happen esp if like current machines it takes £7 or £8 a board. With note acceptors mostly off now you won't get casual punters with £10 coins in their pockets. So they won't play. So the cycle of the machine will be longer.

The manufacturers need more ideas it would be better to ask the players what they want rather than p!SS them off by chipping out the latest rip or changing profiles which takes the fun out of the games.
bowie

Post by bowie »

In my work we have a Big Reds and a Grab the Ads, which is a clone of Big Reds, however from casual playing of both machines i can tell the GTA is geared towards the higher jackpot, boards are a lot less frequent, it's really not worth playing the lower stake and when boards come along they block to the high heavens, some of these new machines are just going to break people.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

imagine the blocks

fucking hell, nightmare situations

£25 - £35 is usually a single gamble on a £35er
so on a £70
you get to £50 and you're on an 11 for the £70...

the block on a red can take at least £20 from £25 to £35, so easily £40 on a 70er... which isnt going to repeat anyway..

i think they will cost round about the same to push a 70jp out as it would to force for a 105 on a 35

meaning same cost, but less of an outcome...

so maybe, maybe, it will work in their favor and they will get more money...

telling ya now, i will probably test the water on one, put a £20 in and see what happens, if i get to a decent amount im not fucking risking it...

imagine getting £40 - £50 on your firs board then losing, and getting commited to a force... FUCK THAT
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

There aint a block from £25 - £35?!?!
Scott

Post by Scott »

SMTM???
Cobwebs 👆
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

some block but it's not a regular block. Snakez is probably the worst £25 block. SMTM is more £10 block. Lucky Devil tends to be £10 & £15.
If the upgrade from £25 to £35 JP's with the introduction of dual stake is anything to go by the next 12 months are gonna be huge :P
I'm hoping they're re introducing the +6% again for a period of time.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

Fact........... There will always be addicts,We had all this on the change over twice before 15-25 and 25 to 35.Flashing lights attract especially when you have had a few drinks.If pubs had the chance of section 16s (500jp) people would still row them,Things wont change it will just take more to push obviosly.As for the random customer oh look i could win 70 quid wow, multi stake i dont have to play top stake do i
just wait and see............
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
red22

Post by red22 »

i could tell ya a few stories about monster blocks but we all have em so i wont bother.

anyway i disagree completely... in effect a good player is playing a machine when ready .. ie the machine has achieved its percentage and is ready to lose some of it in order to line our pockets... the machine then of course takes the casual punt off slotters which makes its percentage back up again.

all basic stuff of course , but this theory will remain with £70 jps ,if the machine is £100 up for example and mr extreme eddie comes along for the force, then surely its still going to give in and pay to its percentage ? resulting in a profit.

same applies to £250 in clubs i force a few of em out by using common sense, taking meter readings and going on refil day to see how much its been refilled etc, or the day b4 and keying etc.

maybe instead of waiting 3 days to return to a red for example we will have to wait a week ?

but think about the jump from £25 to £35 everyone thought it would be a disaster but it turned out to be a dream dont ya agree ? bigger jp means more money for us.

bet ya i get the first rogue program on a £70 jp tho ... god knows how much that will cost... been into a invincible for £400 b4 with no top on a rogue... god knows how much damage a £70 will do !
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

haha, dont wanna know mate...a bad red is gonna cause me some tears, lets get some odds on who will get the first bad one
Unbelievable Jeff
Rob Pots

Post by Rob Pots »

Maybe this change is aimed more towards the lo-tec market?

Triple deckers would get played a £1 a pop.
Grand Golden Game Gold Deluxe would get played a £1 a pop.

Repeat pots for £350 anyone?
Hold for bars £140?

Madness in times of a recession.