The Good old days: JPM roll-ins...

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
SilverSurfer

The Good old days: JPM roll-ins...

Post by SilverSurfer »

Remember those fantastic moment when you knew you were gonna make a fortune when those jackpots would slowly roll in? Funny how machines like Arcadia, 5 Liner and the ones with one more gamble for a repeat would still resist though. I had a 5 Liner roll in 5 times once and lose the gamble every time. Obviously it went massive eventually and emptied itself. Even a repeat was a guaranteed mega profit in those days. Where did it all go wrong?
Mystery_Plum

Post by Mystery_Plum »

Reminds me of those disgusting £25 late-chip JPM machines like Do You Feel Lucky, where the Running Wild feature was blocked to fuck. Eventually the machine would be so due it would roll in the sevens with that delicious long spin, still lose on the gamble for the top, and then roll them back in again. Eventually you would get to the top for a 40 or something.

I remember playing a Caesar's Palace so ridiculously off it's face that it rolled the sevens in and repeated twice. You knew that you were going to take the lot out when that started happening.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh, a lot of people used to say never force a JPM - and generally that was correct. But they'd go so far over their target sometimes that the roll in would indeed happen. Had it on (from what I can remember!):

-Caesars' Palace
-Hot Shot
-Impulse
-Golden Goal
-Super Breakout
-Powerspin (I think!)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

money talks
rollercoaster
popeye

did it too , these 3 were on 8 pound tokens b4 anyone wades in .
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

agree with matt on not forcing jpms , used to just milk them dry.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Had big 50 do it, again on £8 tokens
£10 cashbuster did it once. Made silly profit on it
grandslam88

Re: The Good old days: JPM roll-ins...

Post by grandslam88 »

SilverSurfer wrote:Remember those fantastic moment when you knew you were gonna make a fortune when those jackpots would slowly roll in? Funny how machines like Arcadia, 5 Liner and the ones with one more gamble for a repeat would still resist though. I had a 5 Liner roll in 5 times once and lose the gamble every time. Obviously it went massive eventually and emptied itself. Even a repeat was a guaranteed mega profit in those days. Where did it all go wrong?
once it started to roll in a jp it would do so every credit untilyou take it.
grandslam88

Re: The Good old days: JPM roll-ins...

Post by grandslam88 »

SilverSurfer wrote:Remember those fantastic moment when you knew you were gonna make a fortune when those jackpots would slowly roll in? Funny how machines like Arcadia, 5 Liner and the ones with one more gamble for a repeat would still resist though. I had a 5 Liner roll in 5 times once and lose the gamble every time. Obviously it went massive eventually and emptied itself. Even a repeat was a guaranteed mega profit in those days. Where did it all go wrong?
once it started to roll in a jp it would do so every credit untilyou take it.
pager

Post by pager »

I can remember when the old Big breakfast used to have alot put in it,it would roll the red sevens in 3 or 4 times in a row. You just knew it was coming after it had done the first one.
Ever think you will see it on machines nowadays? Not much chance.
JG

Post by JG »

Yes the token BFMs particularly. They could be set to pay out a hig percentage of token prizes. That usually meant £12 into a Make-a-million for a slow roll in 7 7 7. On other BFMs they'd have the roll in streak. Never used to see wins roll in but when they did that spin, deliberately designed to look controlled, you were laughing.

As for JPMs rolling in jackpots, only seen it on the emulators or bizarre Whitbread chips of Up Pompeii or similar. Nah, maybe did see it a couple of times in real life, can't remember on what or where.
grandslam88

Post by grandslam88 »

old maygays used to roll in the 7's .

you have to put about 150 in a jpm without collecting a win and it will roll in the jp.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

grandslam88 wrote:
you have to put about 150 in a jpm without collecting a win and it will roll in the jp.

maybe on a cash one ,i dunno,but on a token one it was nowhere near that ammount.
on rollercoaster 8 pound tokens it was a bit of a downer when it rolled in ,your punter had left it numbering and sometimes giving roll ups and before you could get your waltzer or nemesis the bastard used to give you a ploppy slow spin for jp :x ,it was'nt even worth going for top on an 8 pounder rollercoaster as i never saw it repeat even once out of many hundreds,not off a big money jp either,and my one was on 86%
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Oh yes the good old days. Remember it happening on a Maximum Overdrive amongst others, that could be a b*stard of a machine.

It happened when the reflex topped out and would continue to do it each credit until something was taken. Things went downhill when £25's came along.