Edinburgh

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Mattb

Edinburgh

Post by Mattb »

Afternoon all,

I'm off there soon for the fringe festival and a piss up etc. What's it like for a punt? Anyone know? I'm expecting all the usual 'It's so well covered by x, y & z, you won't make a penny blah blah' comments from people who know the area. Big city so must be some good stuff about.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Loads of stuff there plenty of pubs but well covered by X,Y and Z :lol: :lol:
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
bowie

Post by bowie »

Last time i was there it was rammed full of new generation reds and monopoly HP's.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Like most big cities like that you just need to be lucky and catch it wen no one has done it that day really.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

shit hot mate, there is a £125 power5 there on link.
justice For The 96
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

anfield road wrote:shit hot mate, there is a £125 power5 there on link.
proper shit hot like
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I Guess i'll just have to see. I'm there for a few days so will have a good nose around everywhere, never been befroe so it'll be new. I'll dig this thread out nce i come home just for a quick report, not off for a while yet anyway!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Mattb wrote:I Guess i'll just have to see. I'm there for a few days so will have a good nose around everywhere, never been before so it'll be new. I'll dig this thread out nce i come home just for a quick report, not off for a while yet anyway!
look out for some old shit that these twats cant play....

heard rumors of unchipped Snakerattleroll and hi lo wather's around scotland on independent suppliers....

man, i aint seen a hilo since i went to brighton about 3 years ago and there was one in that shit bar on the pier...

lol
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

There was a lucky strike only last year smack bang in centre(double hopper too)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
petera

Post by petera »

I lived in Edinburgh for 10 years when I was a young lad (going back a few years when Razzle Dazzle was all the rage !)
arcade wise ........ There was a big one half way up Lothian road on left hand side and then further up on right was another complete with prize bingo lol
These will almost certainly be extinct now
sooooooo
Head down to Portobello (30 mins on bus from city centre) and there are arcades there.

Dont forget to go to chippy for a steak pie supper with salt n sauce ....HMMMMMMMMM
bowie

Post by bowie »

The arcade on Rose Street next to Jenner's has a good selection, Most Daunting, 35 Cabin, HOF and a good other 10 or so awp's on 25 and 35. The Nobles on Princes street has a Winstopper don't know what prog, a CYBTB on single, a 35 Campers and a Lucky Devil, the Quicksilver along the road is rubbish now, nothing in there, a first edition 25 4 reeler is the newest machine now.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

I'm here full time at the moment.

Once you've fought your way through the vast amount of 'eastern' tourists there's some ok pubs that should be worth your while.

My favourite game at the moment though is walking up Princes St and when someone stops dead in front of me to take a picture, I just keep going and try and walk over the top of them.
bowie

Post by bowie »

Fucking pain in the arse that, i love Edinburgh but i avoid it like the plague when the festival's on, all the pubs are RAMMED though so should be rich pickings.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

This is the first year I've not had and professional exams and thought i'd therefore enjoy it more this year.

Dont know if Im overly stressed or not but there seems to be a greater influx this year of 'stop dead and take a photo' people and the 'yes I can see your car but im going to step out in front of it anyway' brigade.

On a positive note, as I type this the castle looks splendid.
harry13.50

Post by harry13.50 »

Just thought id add in that that complete shithole of an arcade on Lothian Rd is now a bookies but the pikey cunts still have an arcade in Portobello ( not Nobles as according to someone on the mecca Nobles in Portobbelo is closed down now)

Last time i was there was on Hogmany before i went out,noticed a lot of jtrar type clones.

Not sure if the " Welsh lads " still tour the pubs.Probably not.